Chapter 3: Zamasu of the 10th

In Universe 10, on the Sacred world
of the kai, the apprentice Zamasu and the Supreme Kai Gowasu engaged in a heated debate over the worth of mortals. The air crackled with tension as their conflicting ideologies clashed, this isn't the first time as they have debated the role of the gods countless times.

Gowasu, ever the wise and compassionate mentor, emphasized the potential for growth and goodness within mortals. He believed that they possessed the capacity to change and evolve, to transcend their inherent flaws and become better beings.

But Zamasu, consumed by his growing resentment, felt an unyielding conviction that mortals were an irredeemable blight upon the cosmos. He saw their sins as an unforgivable stain, polluting the very fabric of reality. In his eyes, only he possessed the clarity to recognize this truth, and he alone had the will to rectify the universe.

As the argument reached its boiling point, Zamasu's seething anger overpowered his reason. He found himself contemplating a dark and sinister plan, one that would rid the universe of the mortals he believed to be sinful. if the other gods are too blind and incompetent, he's not. he will be the one to redeem the cosmos, He decided to take matters into his own hands, with his mind how made up, he feigns a smile and talks with a calm voice.
"My place and destiny have never been so clear to me master, I now understand my true role as a Supreme Kai apprentice, thank you for opening my eyes."

Gowasu takes a breath of relief, Zamasu is a bit too passionate about his role and Justice, he's young and still has time to learn, all he needs is a few thousand years and he'll fully understand the role of gods, and mortals, the old man reassures himself whilst looking at his apprentice.

"Please master, let me make you some tea, something to calm your nerves?"
Zamasu suggests with a sinister glint in his eyes.

The oblivious old man laughs and agrees, one thing that he and Zamasu share in common is the love of tea, Zamasu laughs victoriously within his mind as he thinks.
'foolish old man, this tea will be the last thing you ever sip. if you won't be part of the solution then you're part of the problem, you're unfit and too old. the only good thing you've ever done was choosing me as your successor'

Zamasu retreats to the kitchen to prepare his master some tea, he observed his surrounding to confirm his master isn't close by, he put his hand inside his garments and pulled out a vial of poison, he admires its green glow, and says.
"This is the deadliest poison in universe 10, one sip of it will be enough to make anyone vomit his intestines and die in an instant!"
he gleefully empties the poisonous content into his master's cup of tea and mixes it.

His hands begin to tremble as he pushes the cart. when he arrived, he poured his master a cup, the old man observed the tea and saw that it was clear, this meant that Zamasu's heart was clean as well.

The old man inhales its fragrance and exhales with a satisfied smile.
"Tea made by one pure of heart is unclouded and always the most delicious, this is because tea is a mirror pointed inwards, if the soul of its maker is clouded, it will be as well, but if the soul is pure so will the tea, tea is an extension of the one who makes it."