"Grace was so pretty," Accalia reminisced, a faint smile playing at her lips and swayed her head back, eyes locking onto the night sky.

Stars filled the dark skies with abundance and the moon hung high in the sky tonight. Accalia gazed incessantly, heart heavy and face battered as she pinpointed the constellations.

They arrived shortly after midnight. It was the 23rd of August, a day that had marked their lives with a path no one would willingly want to choose unless it was bestowed upon them.

Cadence senses blurred out at the grave standing handsomely beside her sister's one. Because if it wasn't her mother's, it could only belong to her younger brother.

Derek Larren
~
1 - 10 - 1998
23 - 8 - 2010
Dearest Derek, may you always rest.

"Derek was annoying." Cadence drawled and Accalia laughed, nudging her shoulder with hers.

"Derek was like you, the spitting image. Always trying to get a rise out of everyone. Tristan would always fall for it, the idiot."

Cadence hid her smile behind her hand and tried to not stare at the grave in front of her for too long. It would completely subdue her to the sensation of grief and despair ... she couldn't afford that.

An endearing whistle wept the area causing Cadence to stiffen against the spiky grass and Accalia to turn her head in the direction of the noise.

"What was that?" Accalia shuddered as Cadence gathered to her feet, trying to catch the sound again.

The whistle sounded again and it confirmed that it came right at the entrance of the cemetery.

Cadence locked herself in place as she tried to navigate the two figures emitting themselves from the dark shadows.

Accalia rose up, squinting her russet eyes at the two looming figures but with the help of a dimly lit street light, Cadence knew who was coming straight towards them.

"It's Erisa!" Cadence beamed.

"And Thea," Accalia added.

A girl padded in leather, lustrous black waves shimmering beside her and carrying a carton of what Cadence presumed to be alcohol, came to the tip of Cadence's shoes and made sure their shoes touched each other.

"Erisa," Cadence breathed out and quickly enough launched her arms around her, almost knocking her off her feet.

Erisa Jaeger laughed into the air and tried to hold onto her bearings. "Too tightly, Larren. You still have a strong grip—" Erisa wheezed out, trying to catch her breath and Cadence released her.

"Fucking hell women," Erisa coughed out and leant onto her knees for support.

"Such a huntress you are," another voice called out and kicked Erisa to the ground.

Thea Sterling freckles scattered her light brown face like stars, stunning constellations stamping her skin, from her cheekbone, across her button nose and to the other cheek.

Accalia laughed into the air and Thea embraced her like a little child. "It's good to see you, Accalia."

"You too," Accalia uttered, hugging her around the shoulders.