XXXVII

↳ ❝🫐 [chapter 37] ¡! ❞🥃

THE ADDRESS HOSEOK HAD GIVEN HER ended up being an apartment building on the edge of Center City. She stood in front of a door at end of the hall, apartment number 305.

She was nervous. She didn't know if the person living here was gonna be a coke addict or a coke dealer. Could be both. Could be neither. The apartment was nice, not run down or trashed.

As long as they could help Hoseok, that's all she cared about.

So Lia swallowed her fears and raised her hand to knock on the door. It was quite literally the middle of the night and the person inside may be asleep but she had to get them up. So after a few long moments of silence, she knocked again, harder.

"Oh my God, I'm coming goddamnit!" She heard someone yell from the other side of the door. Lia jumped a bit and retracted her hand as the door clicked 1, 2, 3 times. That was way too many locks for Lia's liking.

The door swung open and there stood a tired-looking man with messy black hair and barely opened eyes. His pink lips tightened and then pulled into a confused frown. "Who are you?" His nose scrunched.

Lia took a deep breath and cleared her throat. "I'm Lia, I don't know if Hoseok mentioned me to you, but that doesn't matter right now."

And a flash of recognition crossed the man's features. He never expected to meet her in real life. She certainly was as pretty as Hoseok described, but what the hell was she doing here?

"Hoseok...he was arrested and he told me to come here and tell you it's a code blue? Whatever that means." Lia chewed softly on her bottom lip. "Please help him." Her brows furrowed stressfully and her eyes were begging for him to help. She couldn't let Hoseok go to prison because of her.

Yoongi closed his eyes and sighed. "Fuck. That idiot." He seethed with frustration. He looked back to Lia. "Uh- just...give me a moment." And with that, he closed the door in her face. Lia stood there, staring at the silver numbers on the door. She didn't know what code blue meant but by the way, Yoongi reacted, it couldn't be good.

Lia stood there for a few minutes and after a while, she thought that he was never gonna come back out. She didn't know what she was going to do if he wouldn't help her.

Lia felt like everything was falling apart. What was she going to do without Hoseok? She didn't know his lawyer's number. She didn't know what to do.

And then the door opened back up. Yoongi came back out. "Okay, I just called his lawyer. His bail hearing will be tomorrow. I need to call Taehyung so he can get the money in place."

Lia nodded like she understood what any of that really meant, all she needed to understand was that Hoseok was getting help.

Yoongi ran his fingers through his hair and looked at the panicked woman who looked like she was on the verge of a mental breakdown. Her boyfriend was in jail and she didn't know how this all worked.