The Fault in Our Stars Quotes

If you have not read the book or watched the movie and you want to, skip this chapter and go read or watch The Fault in Our Stars. SPOILER ALERT!!!!

I love him like you fall asleep slowly then all at once.

Funerals aren't for the dead they're for the living.

My thought are stars I can't fathom into constellations.

Everyone wants to make a mark in this world but the marks people make are too often scars.

Okay.

Stop interrupting, I'm trying to give a soliloquy, now where was I?

It's a metaphor you put the killing thing right between your teeth, but you never give it the power to do its killing, see a metaphor.

Without pain we couldn't know joy.

You're not dying you just have a touch of cancer.

We live in a universe devoted to the creation, and eradication of awareness, Augustus Waters did not die after a lengthy battle with cancer. He died after a lengthy battle with human consciousness, a victim-as you will be-of the universe's need to make and unmarked all that is possible.

There are infinite numbers between 0 and 1, there's .1 and .12 and .112 and an infinite collection of others. Of course there is a bigger infinite set of numbers between 0 and , or between 0 and 1,000,000. Some infinities are bigger than other infinities. I want more numbers than I'm likely to get, and God, I want more numbers for Augustus Waters than he got. But Gus my love, I cannot tell you how thankful I am for our little infinity. You gave me a forever within the numbered days, and I'm grateful for that.

I'm on a rollercoaster that only goes up, my friend.

The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars but in our selves.

But there is not shortage of fault to be found amid our stars.

Everyone in this tale has a rock solid harmartia: hers, that she is so sick; yours, that you're so well. Were she better or you sicker maybe the stars would not be so terribly crossed, but it is the nature of stars to cross.

You do not immortalize the lost by writing about them.

Language buries, but does not resurrect.

The dead are visible only in the terrible lifeless eye of memory. The living thank heaven, retain the ability to surprise and disappoint.

Ignorance is bliss.

Sometimes it seems the universe wants to be noticed.

I think the universe is improbably biased toward consciousness, that it rewards intelligence in part because the universe enjoys its elegance being observed. And who am I living in the middle of history, to tell the universe that it or my observation of it is temporary?

Egg scene from movie- Ma'am your daughter has done a great injustice and we've come here seeking revenge. See we might not look like much between the three of us we have 5 legs, 4 eyes, and 2½ pairs of working lungs, but we also have 2 dozen eggs, so if I were you I would go back inside.

Egg scene from book- Ma'am your daughter's car has just been deservedly egged by a blind man. Please close the door and go back inside or we will be forced to call the police.

We're as likely to hurt the universe as we are to help it and we're not likely to do either.

You don't get to choose if you get hurt in this world old man, but you do have some say in who hurts you. I like my choices I hope she likes hers.

I do Augustus I do.