She looked at his back and smiled lightly seeing him trying to comfort her. He took her to the storeroom and took something out from his pocket.

It was an ointment.

He gently took her wrist and applied the ointment to the bruise focusing completely on it while she just stared at his face in astonishment.

He left her wrist and gently rolled her sleeves up a little so that the ointment doesn't smudge while she just stared at him without blinking.

She was confused as to why someone was doing this for a mere stranger.

He was going to leave when she suddenly held his wrist making him turn and look at her.

"Why" she rasped out after a long time and his heart melted hearing her melodious voice but he kept his face neutral.

"Why what?" he tilted his head slightly.

"Why did you do that?" she asked quietly, she did not want to fight but she did not like the pity in his eyes.

"Because it was clear that it was hurting," he said nonchalantly looking away from her green eyes.

 "Why do you have that ointment with you?" she asked softly making him look at her face again.

"because I've had a share of how much these types of bruises hurt so I always keep first aid with myself" he smiled at her as for her she was baffled to hear this new piece of information.

"Oh uh thank you, Max" she smiled at him confidently.

"Max?" he smirked a little tilting his head to the side.

"Oh, Maxwell was too long sorry if you don't like me calling you that" she sheepishly muttered twisting a piece of her hair.

"No don't worry it sounds cute" he smiled widely removing her hand from her hair and twirling it slightly, then leaving it.

"Cute?" she questioned almost shocked and blushed looking away from him.

Again the tips of his lips were curved outwards into a cheesy smile.

She's fucking adorable, he thought looking at her.

"Are you just gonna stand here and blush or should we go?" he said coming closer, that stupid smile not leaving his face.

"Just shut up gosh let's just go," she said embarrassingly walking away from him.

"Wait Del listen"

"Del huh?" she smirked coming closer folding her arms on her chest.

"Well you gave me a nickname so of course I should also give you one" he smiled cheekily.

"Hmm...." she put a finger on her chin pretending to think and then said "fair enough" smiling.

"Oh yeah from tomorrow I will sit beside you, that seat is empty right?" he said in a confident tone as he saw that no one is seated near her.

Their school's seats were linked because two individuals sat at a table that also had two chairs.

"Why? You have a seat assigned don't you?" she asked seriously trying to hide her smile.

"Yeah but I'm doing a favor so that you don't end up being a loner you know?" he said as if it was a matter of fact.

"yeah yeah sure" she smiled and headed back to the class with him following behind.