Chapter 3

_______________________________________________________________________________

                                                                                 Chapter 3

             As i awoke i saw a white bright light and i felt no pain anywhere. My bow and arrow shaft was no longer on my back and i was laying in a white room. It smelled of the sick and ii was laying on a bed that was most uncomfortable. I started to feel for the wound through my stomach and felt bandages instead. I could hear a quiet talking that i couldn't make out. I got up and saw Daisy talking to one of the healers from the town.

             I heard Daisy speak up asking the healer," Is she going to be okay?" Continuously as if she was only getting explanations that she didn't understand. As she noticed that i was awake she rushed over to the bed i was laying on. Daisy asked guickly," How are you, Will you be okay, How did you destroy that beast?""I'll be fine , and what happened?" I asked as she trailed off looking straight into my eyes looking for answers. "You destroyed that beast with one of your arrows shot in its eye and i was sure you were dead, but you did it" she answered.

             I paused remembering it all coming back to me as she continued to check me over to make sure i was okay. " All i remember getting hit against the wall and almost seeing you get eaten."the healer came over to change the bandages as i continued. I looked down at my stomach as he finished removing the old bandages to see a huge gap in my gut and the skin on the other side. Amazed at what i saw i asked quietly,"How did i survive and will i heal?"

            He continued on not hearing what i asked and i turned to Daisy with a look of fear in my eyes not knowing  how i survived. She hugged me as my father, blane, and coral walked in through the door. They gasped when they saw the injury that was getting rebandaged. They ran to the bed seeing i was awake and started to ask guestion although i could not hear them fasing out and thinking of what might have happened for me to live.

           Death had me in its grip and i t pulled me into the darkness of death. How could i have survived i thought as they continued to ask question about what happened. As i came back to i never felt anything else.As i came back to the real world from thinking i smiled at my sister and asked,"Want to go hunting tomorrow?" She faced me confused and asked," Why do you want to go hunting tomorrow your still healing from a bad injury?" I faced her also confused," Don't you want to go hunting with your sister that just survived an intense battle?" "I don't want you to get hurt" she said in a eritated voice. "You need to stay in bed and wait till you can heal completely" she continued.

              As the Blane, Coral and my father looked at me and Daisy confused at what just happened they started to leave. Daisy looked at me and said nothing and left with the others. Once they were out of the room i through myself back from sitting up and looked at the ceiling. I fell asleep as the guiet beating of my heart went through my body.

               The next day i awoke early. The doctor had just rerapped my bandages and i had snuck out with my bow and arrow shaft. I started to ready myself for a run through forest to find some kill when my sister came out of the house that was being rebuilt. As i looked at her she started to yell,"Why are you out of bed i said you needed to heal?" As she came up to me she continued," You need to go back to that bed right now."

                I turned away and said,"Okay, but you have to promise to go hunting with me when i heal." "Okay" she said as she started to walk away. I started to walk back as i stopped by a puddle next to a bolder. I looked into the puddle that was died red still with blood and saw myself sad and looking as if i had that terrifying creature inside me. As it faded from a rain drop i looked and saw that it was starting to rain and ran back.

                When i got to the healing burrow i sat on my bed that had new warm white sheets laying lightly on the mattress. I could imagine me running through the forest about to shoot an arrow at a small cat. Silverleaves was beside me staring up into the sky. Blane had just walked into the small room as i looked up. "Hi", he said with a glad voice that i was healing well. "I just talked to the doctor, he said you should be better in a few days" he continued.

               As the next three days went by i stayed in bed ate the slop of the burrow and talked to blane a lot. "It is the day my baddages come off" as i started to talk to Daisy. "Yup, your gonna be the first person i go hunting with today" She answered. As the doctor pulled the last layer of badages off my waste and stomach i saw the scar of the giant whole was. As the doctore finaly finished after such a long wait i got and got my bow to go hunting with Daisy and Blane. I had finally noticed that i liked Blane since i met him.

              When we headed out into the forest we saw a few creature here and there ,but nothing we could catch. "I'm going to go this way and see if i can find anything on my own" I said as i pointed North. As i started to walk towards a small pond with a blue silver dust around it i heard some people talking. I hid behind a bush and peared out of the thick bush. I could see a pixie a very uncommon people around the forest. She was with what looked to be her boyfriend. They stopped talking and looked straight at me," we can see you so come out." As i walked out in astonishment they noticed i was an elf. "What is your name" they asked me.

               "Mist" i replied quietly. "What's yours" i asked in return. "My name is Star and this is my boyfriend Cloud" she said not bothered by the confused look i gave her. "Are you an elf of the nearby village" she asked. "Yes" i replied. Then Blane walked up behind me and saw star and asked,"who are they?"

               "Hi" he said in a confused voice."Can we join your hunting grooup" Star asked feeling no guilt for suprising me. "Sure" I answered after taking a guick glance at Blane. As we started to head out Blane pulled me to the side to obviously talk to me. "Why are you letting them come with us we don't even know them" he asked in hushed voice. " Yes, we know them her name is Star and His name is Cloud" I answered. "Not what i ment" he said in a annoyed voice. Obviously he was annoyed that i wasn't thinking of them as dangerous strangers. I walked out of the bush where we were just talking and said in an excited voice," are we ready to hunt."

               We headed out and got our weapons ready as we heard the call of a Rander The size a small tree with a paralyzing tongue that has huge feet that could crush a small house. It has the skin of rock and has only a few weak points. It is one of the slower running creatures of the forest. It has a long spiked tail.

              We ran over to the canyon of hidden creeks were it was drinking from a river full of sweet water. As we surrounded it our scents carried on the wind. It started to attack and aim at Blane. I shot at its neck and the silver arrow flow true ,but it bounced off like it was water. It turned about to go after me instead of Blane. Then Star took her duel swords and destroyed part of its tough skin.

            "Its impossible to kill it" i yelled as i dodged it huge tail. As i touched the ground Cloud got hit to the side by its swinging tail of spikes. I turned to face the beast with my bow ready to aim. It looked as if we were the invaders and taking its home. I shot it in the exposed softe skin It had started to fall, but recovered.

           I stopped firing on the beast as everything slowed down i cried out,"stop!!" As Star fired her bow that had newly sharpened arrows into its under neck. It started to fall as ran to it to try to heal it. Its blood fell to ground into a puddle. I looked down at it as i saw its sad face say good by and to use its body for good use.

       Its blood ran guick into a small stream.