Stars (Megumi Fushiguro)

Megumi POV

"Aah~ This sucks!" whined Itadori.

"I know. How can Megumi be in a relationship before us!" Nobara added.

We were returning from training practice till they heard me speak to
Y/n on the phone and how she wanted me to stargaze with her tonight. So I'm stuck with their whining until we get to the dorms.

" I mean how! Just how did he even get a girlfriend? He's too dull"

"We're energetic, we're drop dead gorgeous and we're more out going than he is so how?!"

"Did everyone lower their standards? Or is ours just too high?"

'Please shut up'

                  °°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Y/n will probably pack in a bunch of snacks since she loves eating so I'll just take a blanket or two and a hoodie for her. I locked my door after checking if I had everything and made my way to Y/n.

When I got to her place I saw her locking her door and ran to me with a picnic basket.

"Gumi~ let's go! Let's go!~" she pulled me as I took the basket.

After a very peaceful walk we arrived at a field with a few people. We layed out our things and as I suspected she brought a bunch of stuff that's going to give her a stomachache later.

"Oh oh Gumi look" she pointed up at the stars.

There's so many.

"Their all so shiny. Do you think they'll taste great? It's so far away for a reason. I wonder how it..." she rambled on about the stars and was so into it that she didn't even notice me staring at her.

The way her eyes shined with a galaxy of stars in it. The way she glows when she smiles.

'Megumi you've fallen hard'

"Gumi? You listening?" I blinked.

"You're just staring at me.."

"Oh... Sorry I was just thinking about something"

"Really? About what then?"

"About how we don't need to come out to see the stars"

"Why? Should I have chosen a better place?" she asked worriedly.

"No. I meant that I don't need to look at so many stars that's far away if I can stare at one that's closer and shines more brighter"

She blushed and looked at her lap when she realized I was talking about her and stuffed her mouth with sweets.

Itadori and Nobara, you were right. How I got into this relationship, I don't know. But I do know that I never want to leave it.