Chapter Seventeen

Mulai dari awal

"Hello brother." Damon said smirking. Though, it wasn't his normal arrogant smirk, this one seemed more annoyed and angered towards Stefan.

"I just came to make sure everything was alright." Stefan said calmly. I stared at him with confusion clouding my tear-stained face. He glanced at me once, but then back to his brother. Damons stood from his spot on the bed and confidently walked towards his little brother.

"Why wouldn't it be Stef?" Damon asked arrogantly. "Afraid I'd do something to hurt her? Haven't you heard? I already have." His words cut like sharp knives that had been thrown at me. After the conversation we had, my shattered completely and this time there was no picking up the pieces and putting them back together.

Some people say that a women's heart is fragile and easily broken. In this moment, that would be true. I was vulnerable and fragile and Damon used it to his advantage to annoy his brother. I was done being the fragile sister, I was going to take care of myself and won't let anyone stand in my way.

I shut my eyes, tightly, shutting out the dim light of the fireplace. I concentrated on every single bad thing that had happened to me since I had been here; meeting Damon, seeing my mother die, hearing my sister's confession, becoming a vampire. I focused solely on just letting go and not remembering anything. All of these memories flashed in my mind and then they seemed to vanish one by one.

"No! Arielle, don't you dare do this!" I heard Damon's voice in the back of my mind. Then, it was all over. The pain, the hurt, the anguish was gone and I didn't feel a thing. "Please tell me you didn't." He begged.

"You know I would, but I don't care what you want. Actually, I don't care about anything." I laughed cold-heartily. The brother's looked at me surprised and stunned. "What?" I questioned.

"You turned it off?" Stefan asked.

"My emotions? Duh. Why would want to feel when I could care less what happens? This is great. Mark this as the dawning of a new me." I smiled as I sauntered over to Damon's liquor cabinet in his room.

"It's not all it's cracked up to be Arie. Once those emotions come back, every horrible thing you did will make you want to die." Stefan tried to scare me.

"Who said they were ever coming back?" I asked annoyed. They acted like I was going to go kill thousands of people.

"Humanity is a vampire's greatest weakness, but it's also what makes us human." Another voice entered our conversation. I looked behind Damon and Stefan to find Elena in the doorway.

"Did anyone ask for your input Elena? You aren't even a vampire." I snapped. She smiled and shook her head at me.

"Now I honestly thought these two would have mentioned me." She laughed as she entered the room smirking at both the brothers. She looked exactly like Elena, but seemed more evil and cunning.

"You're Katherine." I said staring at her.

"So they have mentioned me. Let me take a guess at who." She said turning towards Damon.

"What do want Katherine?" Stefan inquired. Katherine looked back at him and then laughed once again. I glanced at Damon who still seemed surprised she was here. Not caring about him made it easier to see how annoyingly clingy he was. Always asking where I was going, wanting to know if I was alright, telling me what to do and how to live out my eternity.

"I'm here to help Stefan. I'll always be here to help." She said placing a slim hand on his shoulder.

"Too bad we don't want your help Kitty-Kat." Damon found his voice and finally spoke. What did I see in this guy?