Chapter 12

"WHAT THE F-" "GAWDDAMN!" Alya cried out. "THAT THING PACKING!!" "IT'S BUSSIN!" Ivan bawled. Everyone bursted out laughing, including Marinette. "What's going on?" Mrs.Bustier peered back at her students. "Mrs.Bustier I have a question for you!" Nino yelled, a hand raised in the air. His teacher only a few feet away.

"Yes?" "Why does that banana have two shaped circles?" "CIRCLES AISKSDYING!! I'M DYING!" Rose sniggered repeatedly. Alya couldn't supress her laughter either. "PFFT! You have some pretty good eyes to find that Adrien!" Marinette managed to blurt out. "I CAN'T!!-HAHAHAHA!" He burried his face into her shoulder, hoping it'll help him stop. Her body immediately stiffening, the sounds of his muffled laughter had her cackling.

"Adrien! We can get in a crash!" He didn't hesitate to lift up his head. Clearing his throat, his hands now back on the steering wheel. "I don't see anything?" Mrs.Bustier looked around. "NOT HER TRYING TO PLAY INNOCENT!!" Alix shouted. "Okay! Let's continue!" She began driving forward. Her students following as the laughter slowly subsided. "This is the funniest trip ever!" Adrien smiled happily. "Why can't you go on trips?" Marinette questioned. "....Me and my father don't have a very good relationship."

She was very quick to shut her mouth, regretting to ask him something so urgent. "But it's okay you get used to it after awhile, you know." He shrugged, like it was a normal thing to say. She didn't question him further more. Adrien drove into the open, where the ocean waves were seen.

Marinette noticed sea shells scattered in different parts of the sand. The wheels of their golf cart created tire prints through it. "These are called Conch Shells." Mrs.Bustier pulled over to pick up a yellow to pink ombre type of shell. "Everyone pick up a shell, we will be using them for your worksheet." Parking their cars, some of their classmates even hopped off to hunt for some decent ones. Adrien had already found a bunch of them beside the car.

An idea then popped in his head, cupping both hands he grabbed a handful of the shells and placed them in his pocket. He was instructed to grab only one but he had something else in mind. As he picked another, Marinette became distracted while searching for her own. "How about this one?" He lifted a medium sized shell in the shade of lavender. "Ouu it's so pretty." Taking it, her fingers twirled the object to examine the details.

"We should get matching ones." The boy picked another one. "I wonder what these are called." Adrien said, inspecting the same picked shell in his palm. "That's a Janthina Shell, it's a snail's shell." Rose simplified. "Snail?!" "It seems empty so I don't think there's a snail in there." Marinette closed an eye and used the other to peek inside. Like Rose had said, there wasn't really anything to be seen.

"I think she's right, I don't even see anything." "Everyone take a look at your shell, what do you see?" Their teacher queried. "Bruh, you know what I see? A damn shell." Juleka whispered, little did she know, Mylene had heard, the girls lips curled inward before chuckling loudly. "I just see purple." Adrien placed the shell above his lap. "So do I."

"Whatever you see is what you will write on your worksheet, now let's get going." Mrs.Bustier's golf cart had started to move further away from everyone, that was their cue to follow along. Adrien's lips formed a frown. "This is getting a little boring.." It was soon replaced with a smirk. "I know what we should do." His hands slithered their way up to the steering wheel. "What?" He could see the look of bewilderment creep through her precious face.

"You'll see." His hands worked their way to drive backwards, this immediately catched Max's attention. "Where are you going?!" He whispered loud enough so that he heard him, his own car passing by. "We'll be back." He didn't bother to give him an answer, turning all the way around, he drove off. "What do you mean 'We'll be back!?' Wherae-re we even going! What if we get lost!" She stammered over her words, both her hands clutching over her hair firmly. "It's okay we have our phones!" He smiled fondly, Marinette didn't know what to expect but it was definitely not this.

Usually he'd listen to what their teacher says. "Come on! Don't feel so stumped, I'm just gonna drive us around that's all!" "Adrien! Go back right now!" Her hands forcefully turned the golf cart to the right.

Acting like he hadn't heard, he spoke once again. "So I was thinking that we should go over there or around those tr-WHAT THE HECK!!" Marinette screamed, adrenaline instantly kicking in. He'd lost control. Adrien had losed control of the car. It'd fastened down the hill straight away. Her hands reacted on their own, clinging them onto his shirt. Afraid of falling out. Adrien pulled down onto the brakes but it made no difference.

She screamed even more, all the trees looked as if they were crawling past them. Or was she seeing things? A cliff came into their view. Rapidly coming closer and closer.

'WE'RE GONNA CRASH I KNOW WE ARE!'

As Adrien turned to the left, her arm jolted forward. She could feel her breath shortening. Moving side to side, he screamed out. "COOL! THIS IS LIKE A REAL LIFE VIDEO GAME!!" "ADRIEN WE'RE ABOUT TO DIE AND YOU'RE TELLING ME THIS!? YOU KNOW DAMN WELL THAT I DON'T WANNA DIE!!" "WELL WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO? YOU'RE NOT EVEN HELPING!!" He pulled onto the brakes again but it was no use.

"UH I THINK WE'RE STUCK!" A taunting look made its way to his face. "WHAT!" The cliff was only centimeters apart, the two teenagers screeched, holding onto one another like monkeys.

'Is this how I'm really going to die? Because of this DUMBA-'

"NO!! I CAN'T DIE! I'M TOO YOUNG!!" His voice came out hoarse. "I STILL DIDN'T GET TO ASK HIM OUT YET! I CAN'T DIE!!" Marinette shrilled. "WHO??" "YO-" Her eyes snapped shut, ready to feel the gushes of air surround her body. But there was nothing. Opening them slowly, the car had stopped at the edge of the cliff. Breathing heavily to catch their breaths, Marinette could feel her heart coming back to its normal pace.

Adrien glanced down, it was a very high cliff. "That..was...AWESOME!" Lifting a fist into the air, it hit the tile above. "WE SHOULD DO IT AGAIN!" "WHAT! NO! ARE YOU INSANE? WE LITERALLY ALMOST DIED!"

"MARINETTE!"

Her head perked up at the sound of her friends voice. Alya and Nino ran towards the two teenagers to help. "PULL!" Grabbing onto the edge, they tugged back so that they were completely far from the cliff. Marinette shook in fear. "Are you okay-" Adrien was cut off by Alya's motherly voice.

"MARINETTE!" Her arms swung themselves around the girl, glaring at Adrien. "DUDE WHAT WERE YOU THINKING!" Nino ushered him out the car but stopped as soon as he remembered about the cuffs. "I just wanted to do something fun.." "Don't do that again! You know you could've both been seriously injured!" The boy faced the ground, feeling ashamed of himself. Nino let out a sigh. "It doesn't matter anymore at least you're both safe."

"WHAT HAPPENED?" The teacher rushed over to the four students. "It's okay..I'm fine now-just a little scared." Marinette nodded to convince everyone, not wanting them to worry over something so foolish. Adrien didn't mean to scare her that way. "What happened?" She repeated. "Um..." His eyes stayed glued to the ground, running a hand across his arm. "We somehow took a wrong turn and sense we're handcuffed, it wasn't easy for Adrien to get around." Marinette calmly said.

"My goodness, I should have been more careful to keep an eye on you two, please get out this car, it isn't safe to use." Alya guided them out, it was scary to think about the thought of death. Alya, her boyfriend and Mrs.Bustier began to push the car back up the hill together. "I-I'm s-sorry abou.." He couldn't form any words, her head shot up to face him, his expression looked like he was about to cry.

'What? Why would he cry over this?'

"I said it's okay!" "I-I didn't mean-" Embarrassment took over before he bursted into tears, Marinette pulled him close to embrace him in her arms. "I said it's okay don't worry about me." She softly whispered. "I just don't want you to h-hate me."

'He still thinks I hate him, bruh.'

"I don't hate you Adrien, I never did. I promise."

"Told you he would apologize." Alya pointed out, the couple watched them from up the hill. "Damn he's hugging her like there's no tomorrow." Nino blinked at the sight. "Oh I know he loves her just wait." She spoke with confidence. "What?" Mrs.Bustier gazed at the couple. "OH-WE'RE TALKING ABOUT A TELE NOVELA WE SAW YESTERDAY HAHHA-" Alya clasped a hand over his mouth.

Adrien stayed in the same position, Marinette sighed, deciding it's best to let him hug her all he wants.

To be continued...