I never go back on my words

Start from the beginning

Lin : Arun my wife is more important than my business. Even if I don't go to work in my entire life,  the wealth I have now itself is enough for us to lead a luxurious life , and also even our next two generations.

Arun : "" "(smiles feeling awkward)

Ammu : (just to change the topic) Lin, where is Fuzhi.

Lin: He went to house pond to take bath with your cousin brothers.

Arun; Okay then let me leave, you both have your time...

Ammu nodded and Lin smiled.

Ammu : Lin, now you are boasting.... (giggled)

Lin thought this idiot doesn't  knows or seems to be concerned how wealthy is her husband.

Ammu : Lin don't you like to bath in house pond.

Lin : Hmm, today evening we will go, you accompany me.

Ammu  blushed and said.... No I will not come... And she ran to the house.

Later grandma told me that today we can stay in my room. I went to outhouse to tell Lin that we are staying in Nalukettu. He said no need to go there it is fine here. I asked him to adjust for one day as tomorrow night we will leave to China,to my surprise he agreed. I sometimes feel that he has changed, did he forget about his challenge.

After having dinner with grandpa we both walked in the courtyard for sometime.All my cousins were there in the courtyard as they were  arranging for  tomorrow's pookalam.

At night Lin told me to  accompany him to the pond. We went to  the pond for men and he swam and bathed. I sat their  on the steps watching him and he asked whether I want to join him. I shook my head in no with the excuse that  I don't know to swim.

After bathing  Lin asked me to help him drying his hair and I did. I waited outside until he changed his dress and we joined our cousins to help them with tomorrow's arrangement.

At night we went to my room, I saw Lin exploring my room and opened the  drawer of my study table. He took old photo albums from it and was going through the photos. Without his notice I hid my childhood photo albums and I showed him the photos which were taken when we were staying in North India and Dubai.

He took the small box in which I have kept our photo of holding hands. I snatched it from him and said not to open it . He didn't compell me to show it and went near the window to smoke. I don't like the smell of cigarette so I asked him to drop the cigarette. He gave a deaf ear and continued smoking there with all the smoke inside my room. I went to him and pulled  the cigarette from his mouth and threw it out. Lin was really angry but he just went to the bed and laid there.

I felt something wrong with him,it's not of him,....

Ammu : Are you okay Lin... If you want to smoke then have it, I will stay out until you finish.

Lin : No need.

He stared at me and asked why are you applying vermilion on your forehead.

Ammu : It's out ritual that married women should wear it.

Lin : Then why you didn't apply it when we married in China.

Ammu : Lin, our marriage was just for a  certificate to sustain my job but now we are bound by the rituals which I strongly believes. In our custom we believe that sindoor should be applied for the long life of the husband.

Lin : Oh so this sindoor decides my life. (sarcastic tone)

Ammu : I know it will be difficult for you to understand and accept our custom. Even being educated and working  abroad I am not able to overcome certain beliefs which doesn't have any scientific proof. I like to follow our culture though it is unethical. Lin, whenever I apply it I pray for your health.