47

i stop in my tracks.

"i-i can't believe it came to this and i'm sorry i couldn't change anything!"

"you're not here, you're gone. your room is now empty and everyone is in the dark. goddamit! how can i consider you a friend when you didn't tell me anything?! fuck you, you're not even here anymore!"

i turn back to bakugou who is glaring daggers into the ground. i did leave bakugou and the rest alone, he wanted to consider me a friend. uraraka was so heartbroken over me leaving.

"i'm sorry about everything," i say. "i'm so sorry."

he doesn't say anything and continues to look at the ground.

"i really am, i've been picking and choosing and not taking consideration about your guys' feelings," i continue. "it could've ended badly if i acted more recklessly than i did."

bakugou puts his hands in his pockets.

"... i know your situation with him was... complicated and it's a lot harder when you're the one getting stalked, i also just want you to at least think of the impact it could have and if you're fine with having to deal with it" he says. the tenseness in the air leaves a bit more and he hunches his shoulders a bit more too. a small breeze passes through, the leaves making their gentle sound against each other sounds throughout the area.

i look at the empty bowl i'm still holding with the residue of fruit left over.

"i'm gonna go" he says and starts to walk away. i wish there was something more to say but there is nothing left to get him to stay a little more. i watch him leave until he turns the corner and i hear the gate opening. i take that as a sign to leave.

the walk home is a lot more silent with only the crickets and cicadas keeping me company from my many thoughts.

i know how it was when i left! i have the messages! i can make things right with my friends! they won't be too mad at me right? of course not, they'll understand and i'll understand if they need space!

my feet stop and my eyes just don't leave my dirty beaten shoes. the shoe laces were now just gray and black and the fabrics were pretty worn and muddy-

i called him shoto. i called him by his first name to bakugou. did he notice? of course he noticed!

"oh god... " i mutter. my feet start moving again and i'm only a few houses away from mine. why did i call him that?! who am i fucking kidding, i know why. when i saw him on the floor like that... it just struck something in me.

-

obviously the teachers came after the incident with nine, i had briefly spoken with them before but they scheduled a visit with my dad and i. if i wanted to come back, what would happen with him? i could ask aizawa but how would that even happen?

he and all might were actually coming to talk to me about my tree.

"hey kiddo" aizawa greets me as i open the door for them to come in. dad offers them a seat in the living room and offers tea.

"green tea for me" aizawa says.

"chamomile please" all might gets a bit shy at a different request but dad excuses himself to start boiling the water.

"so y/n, this is a tricky situation," aizawa starts. "it's not that we really put any restrictions on you or you'll get in trouble but this did expose your location to your classmates, we are very grateful you stepped up but you are a citizen in this case so it is needed for us to come and tell you to leave it to the heroes next time."

"yes, again we are grateful and honestly taken aback by your creation that saved young midoriya and young bakugou but it was reckless to rush into a situation like that" all might says. i nod my head at their words.

"i'm really sorry to have done that, i know i could have put them in more danger because i could've been a distraction or i could've just been hurt... well more than i already was," i chuckle. "and... i'm just glad everything is okay now."

"we also came to congratulate you on your tree, y/n," aizawa says. his words make my face heat up. "it's passed the record breaking height for a sherman tree and it's just... amazing."

"young y/n, those trees aren't very native around here," all might chuckles. "but it's still standing very strong and healthy, the citizens of the island are astounded and even our own are making sure they see it up close."

i can't help but smile at their words.

"thank you so much! it really means a lot! i have not stopped training, it just doesn't feel right to just stop," i try my best to choose my words correctly. "and when i chose to help my peers... it made me realize the true risks of being a hero and that it's something... i don't want to give up on being."

all might looks at his hands before looking at aizawa who looks at me before my dad comes in with two steaming mugs.

"this one is green tea" he places them on coasters on the coffee table and they both take sips. my dad takes his place next to me and drinks from his mug.

"y/n, that is a... complex situation" aizawa clears his throat. he adjusts his posture and i look around now nervous.

"what will i need to do to go back to UA?"