::5::

"Get your leg up higher!"

"Tuck in your stomach!"

"That turn needs to be faster!"

Dream has had enough of hearing all of George's critiques, finally exploding. "Fuck! If you don't like it then demonstrate it! I'm trying my hardest here!"

George groans in complaint and rubs his temples, sighing. "Right, I know, I'm sorry. Just- what is up with you today?"

"What do you mean? Nothing is up with me!" Dream snaps. Well, nothing besides his crappy mood and exhaustion that causes him to do poorly.

"You're not practicing as well as usual. Are you alright? We can stop," George says, seeming genuinely concerned for the boy.

"No, no, it's okay, continue," Dream says, stretching out his arms and preparing to start the routine from the top.

After that, Dream's practice goes just as well as it's been going—not very well. George continuously corrects him and tries to help, but Dream just blows up and freaks out. He doesn't even know why he's acting this way, he's just glad the Brit is tolerating him.

"Alright, you need to stop," George says calmly. "That's enough for tonight. How about we do something to take your mind off of whatever is boggling it."

Now there's a lot of ways Dream could've taken that, but he chooses not to let his thoughts roam. "Do what?"

"I don't know," George shrugs. "We can walk or drive around town until we find somewhere to go."

"Like where?" Dream asks, crossing his arms. He'd rather sleep, but he's willing to go somewhere with George if it sounds compelling enough—though, deep down he thinks anywhere is compelling enough for him as long as he's with George.

George thinks in silence for a moment, and Dream could've sworn he heard the brunette's stomach grumble. Had he been a normal person, he would've suggested going out to eat, but well, that obviously isn't going to happen. Besides, George isn't offering either.

"I don't know!" George complains with a laugh. "Come on, get your stuff and I'll drive you around for a bit. We can just talk if you'd like."

"Yeah sure," Dream says, skating off the ice and towards his bag. He takes his skates off and packs everything up, shoving it into his locker.

Dream locks up the building and takes note of the time before he leaves. It's only midnight, so maybe they'll be able to find somewhere that is still open while George is driving.

George's car is oddly clean. Well, spare for the occasional empty water bottle or snack. Other than that, it's nice. The car itself is a BMW, so Dream has a feeling George is rich—though he knew that in the first place, George being a famous skater and everything.

George turns it on and connects his phone, playing a random playlist that is surprisingly good. He reaches for a box of Cheez-It's and sets it in between the two of them, not offering Dream any but also not stopping him from taking some. The blonde considers trying one, but turns his focus to the road to see where George is taking them.

He is true to his word, though, just driving around aimlessly. He mainly drives around the town—quiet now that everyone is asleep or at bars—and he points out all of the places he's yet to be.

"I haven't actually had much time to explore around here," George says as he drives, occasionally looking around at all of the shops and buildings.

"Why not? You've been here for a while, and it's not like you've been skating or anything," Dream says, focusing his attention on George.

The Brit shrugs and smiles awkwardly. "I kind of just sit in my apartment all the time. Wilbur tries to get me to go out but I don't know... I guess I just prefer to be alone."