Chapter 11, 'So you're shagging my dad's ex-best friend behind his back?'

Start from the beginning

"Okay," Ada intervened, "Freddie, this is Tommy and Maddie's Fourteen-year-old daughter. She also has a twin brother. I was out of town yesterday because I was in Newcastle picking them up with Tommy and John."

To say Freddie's face was priceless would be an understatement. It had Libby in stitches and Ada was trying to get her to stop laughing. Freddie was trying to process the information he had been given. Maddie was like an older sister to him and when she left it hurt him a lot, so to find out she had two kids with his news frenemy was a bit of a shock.

"So, so, is erm, so is Maddie here." Freddie stuttered.

"I'm sorry, Fred. She died seven years ago. We only found out two days ago ourselves. I knew yous were close." Ada had tried to let Freddie down gently not wanting to upset him but as soon as the news was broken to him his eyes clouded over and his stomach dropped. He wanted to cry but how could he. He hasn't tried to find a woman like his sister in fourteen years and now her child was stud in front of him looking unfazed by the news. His guilt was overwhelming and all he wanted to do was hug Libby but he knew he had no right to feel like that so he left.

"Ada, I'll speak to you soon and Libby your mother was amazing, I'm so sorry." and with that Freddie Thorne had disappeared from the market leaving a stunned Libby and a slightly upset Ada.

"What was that about?" Libby broke the silence between the pair.

"Your mother was like an older sister to him, he was guilty he didn't get to say goodbye. Not to worry now tho. I still need to get the rest of the shopping and get you back before your dad thinks I've kidnapped you."

The rest of the trip around the market was fairly normal, Libby thought. Apart from the eagerness of people to give the pair stuff for free of the way everyone moved out of the way for them. They had soon finished and started to walk back to the house on Watery Lane.

"Don't mention anything about Freddie to your dad or my other brother please," Ada begged.

"My lips are sealed but only if you promise to help me sneak out when I need to."

"God, you really are gunna cause your dad some trouble, aren't you?"

"Oh, yes I am." Libby laughed as she and Ada entered the front door of 13 Watery Lane.

"Yes, You are what?" Tommy asked, sitting at the kitchen table reading his newspaper.

"Nothing, Dad," Libby replied, a little too quick for Tommy's liking.

"Alright," He said as he eyed her sceptically, "Did you have a nice time at the market?"

"Yeah, it was alright. Everyone is so nice, you know. They were moving out the way for us and giving us free stuff. Everyone must worship this family around here." Libby said, letting on to the idea she knew more than what they were telling her. Ada had choked on the water she was drinking at how casual Libby had said she knew they weren't just a normal family. However, nothing could prepare her for the truth, that her new family were the leader of the Peaky Blinders and Tommy knew this so just nodded, deciding it wasn't an appropriate time to explain he was the leader of a gang and she was his heir. James may have been older but Tommy knew he didn't have the brains to run the gang but he had a feeling Libby did. So when the eneveratable happened and he, John, Arthur and Polly were no longer here Finn would become the leader and Libby would be the Matriarch of the family, both leading the gang together.

"I have somewhere to go, so Ada your in charge, look after her," Tommy continued grabbing his peaked cap off the table, "And, you behave, will ya?"

"Yeah, I will don't worry." Libby said Picking up a pot of tea from the stove, "Where's James?"

"Out with Arthur and John so probably in the Garrison getting drunk." Tommy replied open the squeaky front door, "But don't get any ideas Lib cos if he is, I'm gonna kill him and me brothers." Tommy disappeared down Watery Lane leaving Ada and Libby to start cooking tea before Polly came back from church.

A/N:

so another Ada, Libby bonding moment and a one with Freddie as well. I love Freddie and personally don't think he got enough screen time before they killed him off.

where is Tommy going? Who is he going to see?

I'm going to try to get to season one son, I want to in the next couple of chapters but I sort of want Libby to work it out for herself first because I feel like she is smart enough to do it and I want James to work it out as well but I think he might have to be told of Libby first 

                                     ----- Jane x