My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark

"Oli, I'm serious. He held my hand, and he called me beautiful, and..."

"Abby, love, I don't want you to be hurt over this." Oliver Sykes sighed, his grainy face looking concerned through the Skype call the two had been in for an hour now.

"God, do you think I want to be hurt over this?" Abby scoffed, "I just... It's mixed signals. Mixed signals fucking everywhere."

"Dick."

Abby frowned. "He's a nice guy, Oliver, and you know it. Nicer than both of us combined with Oprah fucking Winfrey."

"He's hurting you. I don't care if he's Ghandi himself, any guy who hurts you like he is can't be a nice guy."

"God, it's not like he means it. He probably doesn't even know that he's doing it," the purple hair singer reasoned.

"That doesn't change the fact that you're literally hurting physically over him." Oliver reminded her, and even though she couldn't see him very well through the crappy camera quality, she knew he was looking pointedly at her covered wrists.

"Hey, now," Abby warned, "That's my decision. He didn't do this to me, I did this to me."

"He may not have been the one to physically do it to you," Oli bit out, obviously getting more and more irritated with the subject. "But your precious Patrick Stump is no fucking saint. He made you so upset that you did it to yourself. If I ever see him, I'll kick his lily white ass."

 "No you won't, Oliver. Because he means too much to me."

"Change the subject."

"How's Hannah doing?" Abby immediately did as she was told in an attempt to calm her friend's anger.

"She's fine. Asleep. Just got done taking pictures with Adam Elmakias for the newest Drop Dead + Black Sabbath thing that we're doing."

Abby smiled. Hannah Snowdon was a very good friend, an even better tattoo artist (she had done quite a bit of work on Abby herself), and the lovely girlfriend of  Oliver Sykes. She would have loved to talk to her about the new developments in her nonexistent relationship with Patrick, but she also didn't want to wake her.

"That's cool. How's the kids?" And by kids, Abby meant their adorable animals.

Abby was pleased to see that Oliver was calming down by now. "They're fine. All cuddled up with Hannah, the fucking traitors."

Abby smiled at the tired scowl on Oli's face. "It's getting late. You should go to bed, big brother."

"When you call me big brother, it sounds like you're doing the English dub for an anime."

"Go the fuck to sleep, Sykes."

"You as well, Bell." He retorted, then grinned. "Hey, that rhymed."

"It was a stupid rhyme. Goodnight, Oli."

"Night, Abs."

And with that, Abby pressed the button that ended the call and looked in the corner of her laptop to see that Pete, Patrick, Joe and Andy were supposed to be coming over in ten minutes to discuss business. The young woman sighed and looked down at herself, deeming the plain black sweater and gray leggings acceptable for her friends.

Besides, even if she wasn't, it wouldn't matter anyway, because the doorbell rang just seconds after deeming her outfit appropriate.

"i'm coming, I'm coming..." Abby muttered under her breath when the ringing wouldn't stop.