twenty-five | lying and heartbreak

Start from the beginning

"What happened for the last few days? Where have you two been?" She pestered as I sat next to Caleb and knocked his shoulder lightly.

Instead of answering, we both smiled at each other and laughed like small kids until my smile was replaced with a frown to see James coming towards us from behind Flora.

I thought he was going to turn and walk to another table after my glare but to my dismay, he stood next to Flora. I will give him points though, he looked pretty miserable and that was my initial aim with everything that had happened.

"What do you want?" I said loud enough before Caleb or Flora could intervene in the stare off between us. "Can I sit?" He asked as politely as he could, but I still felt my body tense with his words.

"Let me think about that for second," I left a brief pause and held my finger up to my chin for emphasis, "no." I replied sternly, sitting back in the chair, not realising that Caleb's arm was behind it.

"Just let him sit and ignore him," Flora begged Caleb and I. I waved my hand up in the air, signalling that he could sit but he didn't deserve me to tell him.

Cheating bastard.

You'd think I wouldn't have forgiven Flora so easily but I have done plenty of things that were nearly as bad in our friendship. And I knew that she liked him when I first went out with James but I was too selfish to remember.

I faced Caleb and began to talk to him to take my attention away from the fact that my cheating ex-boyfriend was sitting less than one metre away from me.

"Look, Gabby, I'm really sorry—

James tried to speak but I interrupted him before he could get all of his words out. "An apology isn't going to cut it." I shouted as I stood up and stormed out of the cafeteria and towards the bathroom.

Luckily, nobody came after me so I stayed for the last twenty minutes and applied some make up onto my face to make it look a little less angry.

The bell finally rang and I only had one class left which was algebra, the worst class I have.

"Hey Gabby," a boy I recognised as Dylan said as I walked into the room and sat on the desk next to his. Dylan was one of those friends that you only really knew and spoke to at school. I could go a whole year without speaking to him, and it would be as if nothing had changed.

"Hey," I replied as I pulled my books and notepad out of the bag I was holding.

"Saw the  argument between you and James," he announced as I sat down beside him, "you alright?" He asked, smiling.

"It wasn't an argument it was a statement, he's a cheater and I want nothing to do with him anymore," I replied, scribbling on the page in front of me harder as I spoke.

"So he did cheat?" He asked, seeming surprised as I whipped my head round to face him properly. "Why, what are the rumours?" I asked, sighing.

God knows what everyone thinks has happened.

"That he never liked you and that you never liked him and that he has a small dick," he finished, giggling like a school girl.

"Well, the last one is confirmed," I said out of anger, laughing along with him.

The class was over quickly and I knew Caleb had a free period last so he would hopefully be waiting by the car. I walked out of the school to see his car but with nobody stood by it, which was quite unusual for Caleb.

Maybe he got out late or something.

Reassuring myself, I stood by his car and opened up snapchat then watched the hundreds of stories that were now plastered all over the app.