6. discussion

The gentle, doting expression on Derek's face was immediately wiped off as soon as he left his daughter's room. His handsome face sported a dark and grim expression as he entered the master bedroom quietly but not quite enough for his wife not to notice. 

She quickly looked up from the documents the guards had compiled in the short period they were checking on their kids. She nodded silently confirming the suspicion that had lingered in their mind.

Her distant relatives, or the branch family had always been against Derek marrying into the family. Although he had merits he did not come from a prominent background. They kept pushing for her to marry Mackrey from the branch family.

That made her question if they really had the same blood flowing through their veins. If yes, then where did they secretly donate their non existing brain cells? She was married. Mackrey was married, he even had a lovely baby boy!

That groan from earlier was Rowena beating up those incompetent guards. They had gone to check on the kids but found those guards slacking off. Rowena was fuming, weren't these the same guards she had reprimanded a while ago for lazing around during their job?! Even the guards introduced by those 'trying-hard-to-make-their-existence-known' relatives were like them, lazy but wanted their salary. Slacking off, but expecting them to let them off.

It was only recently that Mackrey got a job transfer to Cuba. his wife was going with him to take care of him and the house. But they didn't want to take their 6 year old child along with them as it would disrupt his studies and daily life, shifting from one place to another when they had just settled down in their current neighborhood. So they had requested Rowena to take in Baden, their child in.

Again those brain dead relatives tried to stir up a storm, saying they were unjustly making them do more work by taking the child in. 

 Now Rowena really wanted to disown those 'relatives'. Alas these hippopotami children were not in the age where they could be disowned. They were talking about a child here! Feeding another mouth wasn't going to drive the Alhbert family to bankruptcy. 

Rowena groaned in frustration and threw these documents on the floor and directed her puppy eyes at her husband, hoping he would deal with this mess. Being the wife slave he is, Derek quickly obliged. 

Rowena was just worried if Baden would get along with the children nicely. Though the kids were less than a year old, that little devil could make everyone around her see red in anger if she didn't like something. Urgh! Just thinking about that monkey can make her all tired. Wait till she grows up, if she repeats the exact same things she's doing now, Rowena will give her a nice round of spanking! 

Getting busy with the paperwork, Derek stated ,"We will introduce Baden as a child we are adopting, the children don't need to know all those politics."

"We will send him to my brother's family if Alec and Amelia dont get along with Baden.", although Rowena spoke in a decisive manner, she was soft hearted against children and even if Baden was just a kid that 6 year old child would most probably understand and feel hurt if he was sent away after a couple of kids threw a tantrum. 

Hopefully they get along like nice babies.

⨇⨈⨇⨈⨇

Thanks for reading

VOTE☆COMMENT☆SHARE