o17. steady, good, acute, fast..

Steady hands. Good eyesight. Acute hearing. Fast reaction response. Adelaide should have been ashamed for assuming Barry, an ex-marine with those base qualities, would be in the slightest phased by an old horror movie which she happened to open the motel room television on. Its been one day of rest, warmed by the tasty idea Barry arranged, completed by Addie's explosive entertainment of commenting through shouts on the action of the film.

"Stupid demon!" Barry watched her scramble away from him, kneeling on the bed closer to the rectangular TV box. She was holding her pillow as a weapon ready to be thrown at the black and white movie playing, though both of them were certain such an impact play would ruin the antenna and destroy the connection entirely.

"Weren't we on the side of the heroes thirty minutes ago?" Barry questioned, arms crossed at his chest. Those thirty minutes ago have been filled with the detailed debate on why the gore was unrealistic and highly unlikely to happen; out of his own initiative Barry has shared with Adelaide calmly his knowledge around the "people exploding" topic, which has very much been appreciated by her.

Now that attention returned to the movie, the frustration spiraled back to them too. Addie hit that pillow to the bit of the bed in front of her, before looking over her shoulder at Barry. "I am on the side of good writing and this is not it!" she desperately gestured to the screen before coming back by his calm side. "What kind of stupid demon would walk into that trap? Not to mention it does not make sense for it to even have a corporal body in the first place, because that's what it has been searching for the whole time. I would have much rather preferred re-watching the clown movie, even though the book was scarier."

"You think clowns are scary?" Barry tilted his head, genuinely confused, but in all possible ways far more entertained with watching Adelaide than the movie. He wasn't that big on pop-culture, save for a few old video games he had back at his old place in Cleveland and it proved to be a drawback at least in the acting community, where the majority of people had spend a lot of time studying the "classics" of cinematography, picking and finding their personal favorites.

Personally, Barry found himself not to be too interested in what he was seeing unless it gained value through the eyes of another person. The true value of art was not it in itself, but it as seen by others, and since he was unaccustomed with the emotional currency, it felt only normal to notice how the few people he had a connection with lensed the meanings. Just then, Barry was beginning to like the movie, because it made Adelaide look adorably annoyed.

"Not really," she shook her head. "Unless they decide to eat children in front of me."

"So it's about cannibalism?" Barry narrowed his eyes at her. His surprise accentuated upon Adelaide's reply turning into a mass of giggles. "What? What did I say?"

"Nothing," she stiffened her little laugh fit and, without her pillow, which was left at the end of their bed, she returned to his side. Barry let his right arm be lifted and used by Adelaide to lean into him and sit back down carefully. A certain pride filled his chest to keep her there while she returned to her continuous venting state, particular to watching movies, "I just find it so cute that you are unbothered by horror movies in general and I am over here, probably sounding crazy."

"You don't sound crazy," Barry disagreed with a low energy level to his tone. His right hand slid on Addie's arm, supporting her in sitting there with him. He preferred looking down at her rather than the screen, just going over the improbable, heroic way any movie of that era could end. "You sound as passionate as any serious artist."

"Do well and talk more often about theater too then, dear," Adelaide leant her head back on his shoulder, also avoiding looking at the cheesy ending they have both secretly rooting for, but ultimately despised.