Chapter 5 Chaos and Order

Start from the beginning

"Words are powerful as you should know by now, child. But speaking ill of your spouse is akin to those weeds. Over time, the bitterness would accumulate and warp your hearts with negativity. Like weeds, you can't control when or where they will grow until it is too late.

"Respect is very important in any relationship. Speaking ill will only cause one to lose respect for the person. When that happens, then truly, what will you have left to fight for? No one wants to fight for someone they can't even respect." Halabeoji paused.

"To respect is to love. And because of that, I do not speak ill of Halmeoni, not even to our children. You would be surprised how many marriages failed because of such blatant disregard of basic respect." Halabeoji shared wisely.

Ye Jin nodded her head, fully understanding what Halabeoji was trying to say.

"Thank you, Halabeoji. I will make sure I'll never speak ill of Hyun Bin. I'm not going to sacrifice our love over such ill words. Not even a little bit." Ye Jin said, her eyes shining with determination.

"My grandson said the same thing, child. I have every right to believe that yours is a love that will inspire too. It already has." Halabeoji patted Ye Jin's arm lightly.

No truer words could be spoken because their children, brought up in love, were shining ever so brightly too. In every way possible, they were the living testament of love.

"No!" A loud wail sounded minutes later, one that the family was all too familiar with.

Looks like Hyun Bin was trying to wake their sleeping beauty again.

"Well, that's my cue." Ye Jin winked at Halabeoji who was already chuckling softly at the baby of the family.

"The little one has got a fight within her," Halabeoji commented.

"That she does. Poor Binnie." Ye Jin mused when another scream sounded above their heads.

Laughing, Ye Jin held out her arm for the elder. "Are you coming in, Halabeoji?"

"Ani, I'll stay out here for a while longer." Halabeoji bowed his head.

Bowing politely to the old man, Ye Jin left the garden, her footsteps light as she embraced another new day with her lovely husband and children.

Ki Rai's screams soon quietened and Ye Jin found their children in the dining hall. Jeong Eun was helping the family set the table, whereas Eun Ae was hugging her rather grumpy baby sister. All three munchkins perked up to greet their mother when she walked in and Ye Jin gave them each a kiss in greeting.

"Where's appa?" Ye Jin asked.

"In the kitchen." Jeong Eun pointed.

"Thank you, sweetie." Ye Jin ruffled Jeong Eun's hair, her eyes lighting up with happiness when their son gave her his signature cheeky grin.

Sure enough, her man was in the kitchen preparing the fruits for a salad. Leaning against the wall, Ye Jin quietly observed Hyun Bin as he meticulously ran the apple under the running water, his dimples deepening when he was satisfied.

Hyun Bin calls her his angel all the time. But he was an angel to her too. The very visage of her man preparing breakfast for the family was especially ethereal to her especially with the sunlight flitting in to highlight his well-chiselled features.

God must have kissed this man when he was sculpting him because every inch of him was an imitation of the angels above.

Everything about Ye Jin was soft as she greeted her husband. Her glances, her smile. Even the way her arms were crossed as she leaned forward naturally towards him was soft.