59

(TW: Body Image)

(TW: Body Image)

𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑵𝒖𝒎𝒃𝒆𝒓 59
Unrequited Love

It's nothing, it's really nothing! Just a weird sensation and it'll probably will die down.

"Ah, you could replace the he with broken so it'll fit the line more." Chan leaned in closer as he looked at the lyrics.

I stared at his face as he focused on the sheet, not caring to be caught staring at him.

Wow.

Chan was beautiful.

His blonde hair was a bit curly since it hadn't been straightened today perhaps. His skin was glowing and he looked breathtaking.

"U—Uh, yeah!" I snapped out of it and took my book back as I erased the word and replaced it with broken.

"So you never really left music, huh?" Chan chuckled as he stared at me with a fond smile.

"Well, you're right about that." I chuckled and laid back in my chair trying to gain confidence.

Why the fuck was I feeling so shy now?

"I'm proud of you, most people take a project of writing songs and producing and end up giving up by the second song." He nodded as he took my lyric book. "And you... You've got 15 songs written in here, what the hell!"

"Oh, of course they're not really ready to ever be released they're just practice." I excused as I shook my hands.

"Alaska, the lyrics are brilliant though! They're really deep and it's something that not a lot of artists can write about." Chan complimented.

"Artists can't write about stress?" I snorted as I took the lyric book back and set it aside.

I couldn't let him see the 4 songs I wrote about Felix...

"Most companies don't let idols write any of their songs, even worse to think they can write about their difficulties." Chan explained. "So.. What have you been up to?"

"What do you mean? Since I've made it to the line up? Well just writing and producing sounds." I replied with a confident smile.

"Just that?" Chan questioned and looked at me as if I was crazy. "So you haven't gone out to celebrate? You haven't messed around with your group? Are you even planning to sleep in?"

"Well..." I trailed off with a nervous laugh. "I mean we did eat at the dorms before I came here."

"Alaska, you have this one chance to rest and have fun before debut. Enjoy your last days of being a trainee!" Chan got up with such energy. "Come on, let's go and live."

"Ugh, fine!" I groaned as I took my lyric book and bag, following the kangaroo out the door.

But something caught the corner if my eye, another blonde just around the corner watching us.

God I hope that was a staff member because if I get into another scandal? I'm done for good.

• • •

"But I shouldn't eat this late—"

"Ya! Alaska, you'll be going on diets just eat this while you can!" Chan argued as he handed me Korean street food.

It was a cheesy corndog which looked so tasty.

But I felt guilty about eating it.

The words that JYP has told me still lingered, I know I shouldn't feel guilty or even listen to him but like... If he thinks I'm going to look fat then the media will think that as well.. I need a flat stomach, maybe a six pack? I'm barely there!

"Don't think, just eat it." Chan reminded me with a cute smile as he held my hand to reassure me.

My stomach was doing summersaults as our hands were held, I didn't feel stressed anymore.

I felt the stress and worries leave out the window as I took a bite of the corn dog.

"Now I want a bite." Chan pouted to which I let him take a bite.

"It's good." I smiled as he agreed with bopping his head uo and down.

"Let's go karaoke!" Chan giggled as he dragged me into a building.

"Chan!" I groaned. "Its getting late!"

"It's never too late to sing!" He brought me into a room and took out his money to pay.

And the next thing you know, we're singing to Into the Unknown for the next 5 minutes. He was a very passionate singer for sure.

I hope that I can sing as good as Chan does someday.

"Rap! Go Alaska!" Chan hyped me up as the rap for Miroh started.

And for once, I got it right!

It was Changbin's line in the beginning which literally lit up Chan's eyes and he hugged me tightly.

"I knew you could do it! I'm so proud! I'm telling Changbin this! You have to rap in front of him!" He giggles as he unlocks his phone to text.

I laughed and shook my head, it felt so nice to let go and have fun.

I felt bad that I couldn't let go with the members though, this would've been more fun if I spent the day with my members.

But I don't have a schedule for this week so I might as well hang out with them, I was quite excited.

• • •

"Goodnight." Chan smiled as we arrived at my dorm. "Please sleep."

"I could say the same to you, we both know it's hard to fall asleep." I deadpanned as I looked at him.

"Well... Try to get tired, hang out with Rima I heard she's one of the loudest." He laughed.

"Oh trust me, she's the loudest out of the whole group." I snorted as I got inside my building. "Goodnight, take care."

Chan walked up and I got into the elevator to my dorm, that was a nice night. Usually I get so exhausted when I hang out with people, I just want to go home and rest but with Chan it just felt right. He was a nice friend who you can never be uncomfortable with, whoever he ends up marrying or dating will be so lucky.

At least he stays true to his word.