12.

Tomioka took a few seconds to think this through. As much as he wanted his loving boyfriend to stay, there was no telling how everyone would react if Tanjiro had been a demon the whole time.

"Fine. But please, please, I'm begging you, stay out of trouble." That was hard to say, wasn't it? Just the thought of giving up his only child, his only lover, just so they can live, made his heart ache. Knowing that they'll never see each other again was just as painful as losing a part of himself.

Slowly, he goes down on one knee, his soft hands cupping the other cheek. "I love you. I love you Tanjiro." tears roll down the demon's cheek, his vision getting blurry. "Don't say such things anymore Tomioka, it's gonna scare you." Tanjirou places his right hand on Tomioka's hand. "I'm not scared, just sad." He says. "Say it for me. Please."

" I love you. "

"I love you too." Tomioka repeats. He says it once and then over and over again. Soon, he begins to kiss I love you's to wherever his lips could find. Tanjirou let out soft giggles, replying to every i love you that Giyu had planted on him.

"You suck, you know that?" Tanjirou scoffs. "How so? Did I do anything wrong?" He takes his hands off Tanjirou's cheeks. "You're making it impossible for me to leave, not fair at all."

"Like it or not, you're leaving." Giyu gives a straight face. "Huh?! I thought you wanted me to stay?!"

"No no, you can leave. Just let me finish kissing you. Please." his blank face had turned into a pout.

A small smile creeps onto Tanjirou's face and he gives a little nod. Tomioka leans in and presses his lips into Tanjirou, he pulls back and goes back in.

Tanjirou pulls back after a few minutes of making out, his hands still on the back of Tomioka's neck and asks, "Wanna help me pack?"

"Mhm."