Foortine. Boys Don't Cry

the title says enough that i don't have to go into a long rant of how societal expectations have wronged us as humans and it's become weird for half of the population to show a part of themselves that God intended everyone to have. masculinity shouldn't be defined by how deeply you have suppressed your emotions or how big your muscles are capable of being-okay i'll stop cuz that equals about a rant, huh? woops

mastered this song on rocksmith when i was like fifteen

i think i enjoy putting 80's songs on here when Ady hates them lol

 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

"Kimmy said you'd be back here."

Adrian slumps against the wall, his legs spreading out on the sand-covered cement. Daffy sits beside him. Gravel crunches as she skids down to the ground. A cloud of dust settles on her flower skirt, making the local daisies on the print a little brown.

"What happened to your face?" she asks, blatantly staring at the bruises on his cheeks. 

He swallows, still not looking her in the eye. Instead, he focuses on the little weeds popping through the cracks of the concrete, and then the backyard of the house that sits behind the diner. The grass is a lot healthier than Lyla's.

His bottom lip goes between his teeth as he drags his gaze to the awaiting Daffy. 

There's that weird feeling again. That feeling that he should tell her everything because if he doesn't, the world will collapse or he's gonna combust if he keeps these secrets any longer.

It's okay, right? To tell this secret?

Her eyes speak nothing but trust. And so he opens his mouth, throat all dried up and gravelly just like the cement they sit on.

"Benny's dad happened. When he was drunk..."

A gasp tingles his ears. He watches Daffy's expression mirror his feelings; her hand comes up to her mouth.

"Is Benny okay?" 

Adrian's head bobs and he resorts to his lap, rubbing at a stain on his jeans. 

"Did you call the police?"

"His mom won't let the police get involved."

"But, but we have to do something. What if Benny gets hurt?"

"He doesn't lay a finger on him. I have to respect Lyla's decision..."

"Her decision? You can't do that, Adrian. Benny could be in danger." Her tone falls deeper and deeper with every word. "She doesn't deserve that power if she chooses for him to stay in that situation." Daffy's hands curl into fists. 

"But it's not like that-she's doing it because they have no choice-"

"That's what social services is for. Adrian, we have to help, even if it stings."

He looks back at her, noticing the fiery determination in her eyes. Maybe it was a bad idea to tell her.

She pulls out her phone, jaw clenched.

"What are you doing?" he mumbles, freezing.

"Calling an inspector. This has to stop right now."

"No, no, no, we shouldn't get involved-"

"Shut it," she commands, the rings sliding out of the speaker and into the air. He hears a voice on the other end. "Hi, I would like to report possible domestic violence."