Fyv. The Green Lump

Literally found this song five minutes ago, and brought it here. it talks about how pride makes us empty, i think. 
idk why, but i'm getting major INTJ vibes from this artist and i'm enjoying every second of it.
not promising not to post more songs by him ;P
but yeah... sigh, it's not an INFP artist, i know, i know... it just fits too well to ignore

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Red hair waved in the spring breeze. When it fanned out under the sun, it changed color, somehow dimming and brightening simultaneously. The red almost disappeared to make room for fire; blazing fire.

Ever since that day when Adrian's mother forced them all to help her pick dandelions, he saw her wild hair as it blazed in front of the sun. 

Love must feel like that. Fiery orange. Because that's what he felt.

The fog of youth didn't let it show though. He only came to that realization after she left them on May 8th, exactly four years ago... today.

The sun dipped behind the mountains minutes ago, leaving Adrian disappointed that he missed the best part of the sunset. At least the orange still lingers beneath the pink. Although it's kinda purply; not as fiery.

Benny and his mother left ten minutes ago, leaving Adrian to his night shift all by himself.

Empty plates and cups fill his arms as he passes the window for a brief glimpse of the fleeting color. It fades all too soon into the blue and he's left with the faint image in his mind and tan vinyl seats to feast his eyes on. 

There's only one differently colored lump in the otherwise mundane shades of tan and white; a green knitted sweater and strawberry blonde curls.

Her face looks different this time. No lipstick or eye makeup. Her waffle barely touched, she stares at it with parted lips. Dazed. That's the look. She looks dazed.

Her eyelids suddenly droop as she bobs towards her plate.

Adrian freezes as he watches her jerk upwards, stiffening to the point of cornstalk-straight.

What is wrong with her?

Like the mother hen Kimmy is, she rushes to the table with a glass of water. 

"You alright, hon?" Her voice is softer than when she uses it on Adrian.

He rolls his eyes as he sweeps the corners of the room. "You okay, Adrian? Do you need anything, like a hug?" he whines just above a whisper, in a poor attempt to mimic her voice. "No, thanks Kimmy. You're always so nice. You don't have to worry about lil' old me..." He pauses as the girl rubs her head with her palm.

"I'm suddenly really tired. I don't know what's wrong," she responds. He can't help but listen since the crowd left when the open sign flipped and the 60's music was turned down ten notches. The diner is almost silent besides the rhythmic swipes of the broom and distant dishes clinking in the sink.

"What's this?" Kimmy mutters as she picks up a prescription bottle off the table. She squints at the little letters on the label, tilting them towards the florescent light bulbs. It doesn't seem to help because she sniffs and puts the bottle down in defeat.

"Oh, that's just my Ritalin. I take that everyday." The girl yawns and sets her head on her arms. "It's not working for some reason though..."

Adrian makes his way to the other side, with his broom. He peeks at the bottle in the corner of his eye, brushing the floor a little too lightly.