Chapter 1 - Prologue to the Sadistic

The year was 1885 and the night fell shrouded by a blanket of darkness as a young man was hard at work, studying in his home's personal library to learn all about the famous monsters and demons that roamed their land as he also read up on the famous monster hunter who has lived for hundreds of years, Van Helsing.

Two females slammed their hands on his book and gently trailed their hands over his chest, feeling his many scars over his body "my my brother, I think it's time we have some fun" one of the females spoke in a seductive tone as the young man stayed silent, letting the two girls have their 'fun' with him, he felt sickened to his very core. Every attempt at moving felt as though he had the entire earth on his shoulders. As they continued with their disgusting acts the young man attempted to continue reading his many books about the dark arts and legendary warriors before another man came in behind and smacked him down with his backhand "you boy! I've told you that the library was only for the family didn't I?" He exclaimed as the young man struggled to his feet, spitting out blood "y-yes father..." He mumbled as his father grabbed his hair and roughly dragged him through their house to the front door, throwing him out into the snow covered lawn as he heard the rest of his 'family' laugh at his expense as they slammed the door shut on him as he rushed up slamming his fists on the door "Ugh...shit!" He exclaimed as he slowly made his way out of his garden and travelled deeper into the town as he got far enough away from his house, he decided to run in the opposite direction into the woods as the clouds grew darker and the sun slowly disappeared behind the many clouds in the sky, he soon found a collapsed tree and soon sat himself down, pulling out one of his many cigars he had stolen from his father and lit one with his matches "...they'll kill ya you know" a sudden gentle voice appeared beside him, causing him to jump at this due to everything that has been happening lately "do you know it's not the wisest idea to sneak up on people in this village" he exclaimed as he got up, taking a good look at her, he face was covered by a mere white veil that was too difficult and intricate to look through, he slowly sat himself beside her, taking a few more breathes with cigar "perhaps, but its the day of Samhain, not long now for all hallows nights, everyone deserves at least one good scare, wouldn't you say?.... Abraham." She spoke softly as he looked up at her "how do you know me?" He asked as his body was being held tightly still by some unseen force "we bumped into each other not so long ago, about a year or so now" she muttered as Abraham continued smoking as the young woman had her hands rested on her lap, fiddling with her long extravagant dress and corset.

They both had sat there for felt like an eternity, not daring to look into the others eyes. Abraham had felt as though he knows someone who finally saw past his walls and saw him for him and as for the young woman, she had felt as though she could just be herself and not worry about any judgement he would give her. The sun slowly began to disappear into obscurity as he sighed to himself "I better be making my way back..." He spoke in a broken whimper as he stood back up, she had reached for him and lifted his sleeve seeing so many cuts and bruises along with obvious whip marks "why do you suffer with them?" She gently asked, her strong Transylvanian accent more prominent now "...because I have no where else to go..."

His voice was so broken, he didn't sound sad, angry or even disappointed, just done "I promise you, one day you will be with someone who treats you right" she told him as he turned around to leave, he thought he had heard a soft growl but thought nothing of it as he stumbled back over to his house, alas finding the door still locked. The house itself was quite large in its structure, the stonework was worn away yet clean in its appearance. The garden itself was large and big enough to have an entire graveyard around it, as he made his way around the house, he found the entrance to the cellar and made his way through there. The floor was flooded and has been for quite some time now however this isn't the first time he's had to do this and so he managed to make his way through it quite easily.