Chapter 10

As the song comes to an end everyone starts to clap paying their respect to the band. Soon another song starts up.

“Another dance Miss Steele” I nod

This time the band starts to play Dean Martins – You belong to me. As the song plays he never takes his eyes off of me, I feel like I am in a dream where it’s only the two of us together. I’m soon taken out of my day dream by everyone clapping again to the band.

“Would you like something to drink?” He asks

“No but I could use some fresh air, if you wouldn’t mind going for a walk with me?”

“I would be honored to take a walk with you” He wraps my arm around his and we head outside the tent. I allow him to lead the way since this is his parent’s estate and he knows his way around. We start off in the rose garden then make our way towards the water’s edge of the sound.

“It’s beautiful here” I tell him as we look out to the water.

“I’m glad you like it. I grow up here as a kid and always found the sound to be very peaceful at night, late at night when my parents were asleep I would take my boat out onto the water and just sit there and watch the moon cast over the water”

“Come I want to show you something”

“What is it?”

“Shhh no questions” He takes my hand and lace our fingers together. We walk a little ways until we get to what looks like a boat house. He opens the door and reaches his hand inside and flicks on a light. He grabs my hand and tugs for me to come in with him.

I look around and see trophy’s lining the walls and pictures of Christian and his brother Elliot holding most of the trophies. The lights flicker every once in a while. There is a small boat sitting in the water. I watch and he steps in and tosses a few things out of the boat. He reaches his hand for me to come in, I take my shoes off and toss them near the door.

With one hand I lift my dress just a little and take his hand with the other. Once I am in the boat we stand there for a moment waiting for the boat to stop moving from side to side. As soon as it stops he lowers me down onto one of the benches. He pulls out a remote control garage opener and clicks it. Behind him the door opens slowly.

He takes the paddles and begins to row us out into the sound. When we are far enough away he puts the paddles down and comes sits next to me.

“So what do you think?”

“This is…wow. But aren’t you worried that people are going to wonder where you are, you didn’t tell anyone where you were going”

“Taylor knows where I am”

“Oh”

“Are you nervous being alone with me out in the water?”