Before she could do any of that, she needed to gather up the courage and stabilize herself. She did almost drown, after all. Her muscles were weak and she really wanted to take a nap but she couldn't, and just when Vidia thought she could catch a break and take a second to gather her bearing, Mother Earth seemed to get impatient.

Something dragged along Vidia's bare legs. She jumped, screaming out and searching the water for a sign of the invisible culprit. She didn't find anything and perhaps it was just her imagination. Or maybe they really was some flesh eating, human devouring creature.

Either way, Vidia wasn't going to be a dumb ass and wait to find out. Still not entire ready, she forced her achy body to move. Chaotically swimming towards the rock, her fear of being eaten is what gave her the adrenaline and speed to get to her destination.

Gripping the rock in her fist, Vidia used her feet to pushed herself up. Her soft, smooth skin snagged on the sharp edges, slicing open. It was nothing too severe that it would halt her actions but they did hurt like hell. One in particular was the worst, it was a semi-deep cut on her side. Every time she moved, she could feel stinging pain.

However, the pain was dulled by adrenaline.
Pulling herself up completely, she fell onto the smooth part of the rock, breathing hard. That was one hell of a workout, she thought to herself.

Vidia laughed at her own joke, clenching her stomach. She laughed and laughed, unable to stop herself. The joke wasn't even funny, if she were being honest yet she continued to laugh.

Then the stomach-clenching laughter turned into body-shaking sobs. Vidia had absolutely no idea what was going on. The last thing she remembered was the being on the beach, getting stuck, and then the sinkhole-like thing.

Did she pass out from being too stimulated by the anxiety and fear of being consumed by the hole? And how did she get here? Did her body just float all the way out here?

Vidia still couldn't see any signs of land, even with the new viewpoint, which meant she had to have been floating for a long time. A very long time.

She didn't know how no one had seen her and tried to help. She didn't understand how she could be passed out for so long. Some many question. Vidia had so many questions and no answers.

That wasn't her only problem though. She had a much bigger, more serious problem. She was cold and getting colder by the second.

The cool winds would've felt nice on any other day but now, not so much. Her thin slip dress clung to her, doing little to combat the air. Being soaking wet only added insult to injury. She felt she was being punished for some crime she unknowingly committed.

Vidia shook and shivered, a telltale sign from her body. Her thick, wet curls stuck to her face and down her back. Her hands and feet were pruny and white. With her tattered dress and various scratches, Vidia mimicked the exact definition of a pulchritudinous calamity. A stunningly beautiful disaster.

🌊

For an indiscernible amount of time, Vidia remained on that rock, in the middle of a large body of water with no other forms of human life. Her shivering body had grown accustomed to being cold, therefore ceasing the shivers. Yet her skin remained cold to the touch.

She was exhausted but couldn't go to sleep. She feared she would roll off of the rock and be back at square one. Though from time to time, her eyelids would blink and attempt to stay closed. Vidia had to snap herself out of it.

Lightly slapping her cheeks, she tried to think of something that would keep her mind awake. Her lack of knowledge was that something. It kept her mind twisting and turning, trying to figure out her situation and how she ended up in it.