Chapter 9

Leya's POV:
He didn't come.
I waited until the late evening, when pitch black descended upon the city. I had texted him a couple of times, and the messages had sent, but he hadn't seen them. So, just before the midnight hour, I was on my apartment's balcony once again. I go there in the night a lot when it's quiet, because it helps me clear my thoughts.
The stars were bright, glinting in the blanket of darkness in the sky. As I looked up, I felt a presence behind me, with muffled steps and a quiet aura.
"Good evening, Chat Noir." I said, and he chuckled.
"How'd you know it was me?" He asked, and I turned to look at him.
"Who else would jump onto my balcony in the dead of night while I was there?" I don't think serial killers can climb very well."

"Very true." He nodded, amused. "So, what are you doing outside so late anyway?"
Raising an eyebrow, I responded, "I could ask you the same thing."
"Hey, I asked first!"
I rolled my eyes. "My boyfriend said he was going to come tonight to visit, but he never showed up."
"...I'm getting away from my father."
"Why?"
He hesitated, heavily exhaling. Worried, I quickly backtracked,
"You don't have to tell me if you don't-"
"He's really...uptight. And kinda mean."
Chat Noir came up to my side and leaned his arms on the balcony railing, mirroring me.
"So, the opposite of you?"
"Mhm. Sometimes, I just get tired of him. So I go out, run over some roofs, take in the sunset, all that sappy stuff to get me back in a positive mindset."

I didn't respond. Instead, I looked back up at the sky.
"You think we both need a mood change?"
"Yeah. Maybe."
"Maybe."