Chapter 3

Mari's POV:

"Adrien, where are we going?" I giggled as he gripped my wrist tighter in excitement. His golden hair glinted in the moonlight as we ran through the cobblestone streets of Paris.
"You'll see soon," he grinned at me as he kept tugging me along.
With the full moon high in the sky, lighting up the way, we eventually reached the Arc de Triomphe, somewhere we hadn't really been together before.
"Why are we here, Adrien?" I asked curiously, looking around the deserted monument.
"We are going to go the top."
"...Why?"
"Cause it's romantic!" Adrien huffed, leading me to one of the arc sides and opening a door. I sent him a questioning glance, and he shrugged.
"I know the manager."
"You mean you bribed him with pictures?"
"...,Maybe."

Scrunching my nose at him as we went up the flight of stairs, I asked,
"How high do you think the stairs go?"
"...You just want me to carry you, don't you?"
"Hey, your words not mine."

As we climbed, Adrien piggy-backed me, carried me bridal style, over his shoulder, any hold you can really think of, until we got to the top.
Bursting through the top door into the cold night air, Adrien put me down as I surveyed the landscape. Going to the edge of the roof, I looked out at the twinkling lights of Paris.
In the distance, the Eiffel Tower stood tall like a beacon, or some sort of symbol in the sea of buildings around it. Tucking my hair behind my ear, I whispered.
"Paris is so beautiful."
"Yeah. It's almost like the world...stops up here." Adrien murmurs, sitting on the edge of the roof with his legs dangling off the side. Perching next to him, he held my hand as our feet swung to and fro, and I lay my head on his shoulder as we looked up into the inky night sky like all cheesy couples do.