Chapter Thirteen

CHAPTER THIRTEEN

I turn my head to see Shang standing alone, in a black suit along with a black shirt underneath and black tie.  He looks so good standing there against the dark trees, and the dark clouds that were threatening rain.  I was sitting on the ground, to be closer to dad, but now get up.  He comes closer to me, not touching, but close enough that I feel the heat emanating from him.  I face him the same time he faces me.  Looking up into his face, I just want him to hold me in his arms.  He reaches a hand out, touching my face gently.  "I should've done something to stop this," he whispers.  I wipe the tears that now, out of nowhere, again, start to drip from my eyes.  I step closer to him, so we are a hairs breath away from each other.  Silently he pulls me into his arms.  His smell fills my senses, as his strong hands stroke my back. I can feel him bury his face in my hair.  My arms encircle his neck, pulling him closer to me, and I run my hands through his straight hair.  "I love you," he whispers into my hair. "I know," I murmur back and just let him hold me.

I don't know how long we stand there, holding each other, but it starts raining, and I realize that it's been a long time since the people left.   I pull away from Shang, already missing his warmth and smell.  "Do you want me to take you home?" he asks, looking away from me.  I don't want to go home, is what I want to say, but instead I say, "That would be smart."  He nods, and turns to walk away.  "But i don't want to be smart," I murmur, and grab his hand.  He looks back at me, and at our joined hands.  "We shouldn't be doing this," he sighs, pulling me closer to him.  "So sue me," I say and pull him down to kiss me.

I know I am being a huge hypocrite, for wanting him so bad, and kissing him, (though it was a little one) and holding his hand in mine, like I own it.  I want to be with him, with all of my being, but know I can't, so I just want to be with him for this little while.  When we get in his limo, which he took to get here, I can already feel myself start to shiver, from being in the cold rain for so long.  He pulls me close to him, so I am not so cold, but I still feel like my bones are frozen.  He is rubbing my arm, trying to keep me warm. 

We are in front of my house.  My body feels like it is frozen solid, no matter how warm Shang is.  I don't want to move, and it seems that he realizes that.  Gently, he picks me up, and cradles me in his arms, as he walks to the front door. We wait there for a while, and Talon answers the door.  My eyes start to close against my will, so I don't hear what is going on above me.  Next thing I know, everything is black.

                I awake to the sound of yelling.  Part of me doesn't want to get out of bed because I am so warm, but he rational part of me makes me get out and put my robe on.  Larry was yelling at Talon, who in turn was yelling back at him.  I did not understand a word they were saying to each other.  "What's wrong," I ask, trying to break them up.  Something defiantly was wrong, because Larry looked like he was about ready to throw a punch, even though he has never in his life hit a person before.  "This guy is a jackass," he growls, trying to break away from my hold.  "WAIT! Just calm down Larry," I exclaim, grabbing his shoulders, "Look at me," I add, making him look away from Talon.  "What happened?" I repeat.

                "He told Shang that you were his fiancée," he growls.  My heart skips a beat.  I let Larry go, and sink down to the couch.  "That's all you told him?" I manage to ask, looking up at them.  "I also told him that if he ever hit on you again, that I would hurt him," Talon says, "But how was I supposed to know that you liked him?! I thought he was just some weirdo you didn't want to talk to," he adds.  I can feel my heart racing, and I calm myself before I do anything stupid.  "Is he still here?" I softly inquire, not letting my true feelings show, because a proper young lady doesn't let people know that she is furious. 

                "He left as soon as I told him," Talon says.  "Where were you Larry?" I question, wanting to know why Talon was alone with Shang.  "I was with Dale," he utters.  Breathing slowly in and out, I try not to freak out.  "Okay, well I'm just going to go call him and tell him this was all one big misunderstanding," I manage to say, getting up from my chair.  Larry looks like he is going to cry, "I've already tried to call him, but the machine answers with the message that there is no one living there anymore.  It seems that they have gone back to Japan."

                So now my life really is ruined.  My fiancé is my half brother, the guy I love is going to get married to someone other than me when I could've done something about it, and I have no idea where in Japan he lives so I can talk to him.  I don't want to be pessimistic, but I have no chance in hell to getting Shang back, none whatsoever.