Chapter Six

CHAPTER SIX

It seems I have developed a crush.  It has been three weeks since Shang and I have become friends.  He has not made any moves on me, and for that I am somewhat glad.  I feel as if all my life I have been waiting for something, and now I am fulfilled.  I find myself showing how I feel around him.  I've only known him for such a little bit of time, yet I already sense that we have known each other for an eternity.

                "Do you think I should buy a pink tie?" he asks, sitting down beside me in the cafeteria.  "It depends on what shade of pink," I murmur, not really paying attention to him, because I'm reading my favorite book, Twilight (I'm sorry, I just love the book), and I love the part where they go to the meadow.  "Let's say a very pale pink," he ponders, staring at me.  I sigh, and hold my finger up at him, as I finish reading my favorite part.  When I am done I say, "That color would actually be pretty, just don't get hot pink." "OH, I dare not wear hot pink," he says, with an amused smile on his lips.  "You're the one who asked for my advice," I state rolling my eyes at his sarcasm.  "Yes, and I am grateful for your very fashion forward insight," he says, brushing a piece of my hair back, away from my face.  I freeze, daring not to breath, because I can feel butterflies dance in my tummy.  Gulping I stare into his dark eyes, as he tucks the stray strand behind my ears. Slowly, he lowers his head to where his mouth is level with my ear.  "You look exceptionally beautiful today," he whispers.  I want to say something, anything, but my throat is too dry to let words escape it.  He backs away from me and smiles down at my expression, and then gently caresses my face.  Right when I hope he'll grant me my first ever kiss, the bell rings.  I scrunch up my nose in frustration.  I desperately want him to kiss me, but know I should wait patiently for it. 

                As I sit down in my next class I cannot help but think about tonight.  He asked me out on Monday, for a date on Friday night, it turns out today is Friday. This will be my first ever date.  Father told me I could go, just as long as I take one body guard with me. I didn't tell father this was a date though, because he would forbid me to go, even more so with a Samurai.  "What are you going to wear tonight?" Laura asks during class.  It has been nice making friends with these people, because they have treated us with utmost respect and are just the sweetest people.  "I have no idea," I say, dreaming about what will happen tonight. 

                I sit down on my bed, looking between the three choices I have on what to wear tonight.  It has to be fabulous, more fabulous than what I wear to school, and it has to make me look fabulous.  I decide at last to wear a strapless red dress that had ruffles all along the body of the dress.  It was bright red, the color a sports car, and it was a filmy material.  I settled on wearing no tights, because it was during night time, and the dress was short enough to make my legs look a mile long.  I then choose simple black patent leather high heels that add about four inches onto my height.  I put half of my hair up in a loose knot, and then curl the entire bottom so that you can only tell that your hair is partially pulled back, but you don't know where.  It was a wild mass of luxurious curls that framed my face nicely.  Lisa made my eyes up into smokiness and my lips were a nude color, since I already had a red dress on.  "You look great," Lisa says, once she is done doing my makeup and I put on my shoes.  "You think so?" I ask, looking at myself in the mirror.  "Jane! Shang's here," Larry calls coming into my closet.  He stops, and blinks.  "You, look...nice," he says, blinking a lot.  "You okay?  You look like you're having a seizure," I ask him.  He nods, stops blinking and says, "You're going to blow his mind."

                He's sitting down on the couch, talking with my father about our "study project", and he looks absolutely gorgeous.  His black hair is brushed back away from his face.  He has on a black suit, with a black silk shirt underneath and striped black and white tie.  His eyes rest on me and the conversation dwindles.  I think my father knows that we aren't going to study, but he doesn't say anything.  A delighted smile crosses his face and he holds a hand out to me.  I grab it and he gives it a kiss.  "We'll be going," he says, not looking away from my gaze.  "Get her back my twelve," my father says smiling.