𝙳𝚊𝚢 𝟼 - 𝙺𝚘𝚝𝚊𝚝𝚜𝚞

Bokuto unlocked the door of his and Keiji's house before stepping inside. He hung his coat up and called out to Keiji eagerly. Practice had been great, but now he just wanted to spend time with his beautiful husband.
"Keijiii I'm homeee~!!" His voice bounced off the walls.
Concern bubbled in his stomach when he got no response, usually when Koutarou got home he would call to him and Keiji would respond with a "welcome home, dear." Or an "I'm in the kitchen, love." But this time there was nothing.

"Ji?" Koutarou questioned, taking off his shoes before stepping into the living room.
Ah, there he was.
Bokuto Keiji had fallen asleep underneath the Kotatsu, again. His laptop was still open with the half-edited manga panel he had been working on on the screen. And there was what looked to be an almost completely untouched mug of coffee that had gone cold on the table. Keiji must have made it just before he conked out.
Talking about Keiji, his head was resting on the pillows behind the kotatsu, his eyes shut and his mouth open as he drooled a little (Koutarou found him just as beautiful when he was asleep as when he was awake). His glasses were crooked on his nose and there was a little crease in his eyebrows.
Koutarou didn't know whether to smile or frown at the sight. Because whilst Keiji looked absolutely adorable fast asleep under the kotatsu, it also meant that his husband had been overworking himself again.

Koutarou knew Keiji had been having a busy week at work lately. Even though he hadn't told him outright, he could tell from the way Keiji started forgetting to eat, or how he wouldn't join Koutarou in bed till way past 1 AM.
In these situations, Koutarou was always unsure of what he was meant to do. He knew how important taking breaks to look after yourself were, yet he also knew that Keiji would continue to be stressed and anxious until the work was completed, and taking him away from that (even for just a small while) would only make it worse.
So Koutarou would try and support him from afar, making him healthy snacks and refilling his empty coffee cup for him. And on those nights where Keiji would stay up late, Koutarou would bring him a blanket and press a kiss atop his head before heading to bed himself.
Though if Keiji was still awake when Koutarou got up for his morning jog, he would have to intervene. Koutarou would gladly miss a little bit of early morning exercise if it meant getting to cuddle Keiji and make sure he got at least a few hours of sleep in.

But back to the present, Koutarou immediately decided he wasn't going to wake Keiji up. He needed to sleep more than anything else right now, the manga panel could wait. Koutarou saved Keiji's work and closed his laptop, then he gently took his husbands glasses off his face and put them on the table.
Then he carefully, so as not to wake his sleeping spouse, manoeuvred himself under the blankets and cuddled closer to Keiji's sleeping body. He kissed Keiji's forehead softly before leaning back against the pillow. But then sudden movement stirred Keiji from his sleep.

"K-Kou..?" Keiji moved one hand up to rub his eye sleeping.
"Hey, Ji. Sorry for waking you, you can go back to sleep now." Koutarou whispered.
"Ah, no, It's okay. I need to finish my work and start on dinner anywa-."
"Please, Ji. Sleep with me, just for a little while?" Pleaded Koutarou, tightening his hold around Keiji's waist.
Keiji sighed, too exhausted and too weak for his husband to fight back.
"Okay..." He mumbled, already settling his head on Koutarou's firm chest.
"Sleep well, Ji." Koutarou carded his fingers through Keiji's hair affectionately.
"Mmm, you too..." And with that, Keiji went out like a light within the safe and loving arms of his husband.