"Kendra you're absolutely beautiful." I say trying my hardest to not hold her and give her a kiss.

"Thank you, you're looking very handsome too." She compliments me back. "Do you have a lot to do?"

"Yes, your class president has me moving things up and down but eh it don't matter. I was looking forwards to seeing you." I say and she smiles shyly.

"Me too. I'm sorry for earlier, I freaked out when my mum got there and i-"

"Hey hey it's ok. I shouldn't have been in your room, it was risky I know, but worth it because that necklace looks beautiful on you." I say stepping closer to her, making her look to the sides nervous.

"I should go before people start talking." She starts walking and stops next to me. "See you around handsome."

The event has been going good. I've been busy with things needed to be done around the venue but have kept an eye on Kendra the whole time. She has been talking, dancing, and laughing with her friends and it makes me so happy to see her happy. At some point I see her standing on her own as Avianna dances with Brian and Nyla is not around. I go up to her, grab her hand and pull her to the back patio.

"Shawn? What-?" She says as I pull her away.

"I am sorry but I couldn't control myself anymore." I say before pulling her in my arms and kissing her. She immediately throws her arms around my neck and kisses me back. The kiss turned into a very passionate make out session.

"I wish I could dance with you." She says as we separate and gasp for air. "This sucks."

"I know baby, I'm sorry your prom experience is like this."

"No, it's not your fault." She says caressing my face. "We should go back."

"Yeah yeah, go first and I'll go right now." I say as I send her in. I pace in circles trying to calm down the excitement I got from the kiss. When I go back in, Nyla and Kendra are at the snack table. I walk up to them and grab a cookie.

"Why don't you go dance?" Nyla asks.

"We can't." Kendra says

"Why not?"

"People would get suspicious."

"Ok, let's fix that then." She says as she grabs my hand.

"You mind?" She asks Kendra who shakes her head no. Nyla nods at her and drags me to the dance floor. She starts dancing and I dance as well.

"Why are we dancing?" I get closer to ask.

"If you're seen dancing with me and then with Kendra, they won't think anything weird because you are dancing with the two of us. You guys would be able to dance no problem." She says and I smile, Nyla is a good friend.

After a few songs, Nyla tells me to go back with the table where Kendra, Avianna and Brian are not sitting at. I sit next to Brian and Nyla sits next to Kendra. Brian starts to tell me something but I am not paying attention. Kendra's eyes on my has my full attention. I let a couple of songs pass by before going to Kendra and asking her to dance. She stands up and we walk to the dance floor next to each other. When we are in the middle of it, we start to dance. I can't get too close to her but just seeing her in front of me smiling widely and having fun makes me happy. Having her closer would make this moment a thousand times better. And it's like I called it, because in this moment "With You" by Chris Brown starts playing. Kendra looks around hesitant of getting closer, and nervously I do too. I see everyone grab their dates and dance to the slow song, maybe I should too. I grab her hand and pull her closely to me and we start moving slowly to the rhythm of the song. Kendra places her head on my chest as I put both of my arms around her waist. I have never felt her closer to me as right now, as we move together as one, i close my eyes and I can feel how she relaxes in my arms. This is the best feeling. I could die right now, and die happy. I open my eyes and notice we have a lot of eyes on us. We're we too obvious? Avianna and Nyla run up to us as the song comes to an end and we separate.

"What happened?" Kendra asks when she sees the fear in her friend's faces. Avianna hands Kendra her phone showing her something that makes Kendra gasp and cover her mouth with her hand. She looks up to me with tears eyes. "Shawn.."

I take the phone from her hand to see what it's going on. I see a text message from an unsaved number. "Kendra Bennett and Shawn, the janitor of the academy, have a secret relationship. I have proof." And there was a photo of Kendra and i kissing earlier in the back patio.

Fuck fuck fuck.

I look up from the found to see Kendra has now tears rolling down her cheeks and her friends are hugging her. From far I can see miss Sydney walking up to us. God damnit, who did this?

"You have done explaining to do Kendra."

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Kendra's POV:

"I'm sorry mum." I say as Shawn and I sit next to each other in my moms place living room.

"I'm sorry too miss Sydney." Shawn says.

"How long has this being going on?"

"A couple of months." I say.

"Months?" My mum asks and we both nod. "Oh god. Why didn't you tell me before Kendra?"

"Because I didn't want to jeopardize Shawn's job and put you in a bad position either. We were going to tell you on graduation day." I say and she sighs.

"You know what this means for you Shawn right?" She looks at Shawn.

"Yes ma'am, and I'm ready to face the consequences." He says.

"Mum please don't fire him." I say as I start to stand up.

"Kendra." Shawn calls my name and pulls my arm down so I can sit again.

"Shawn can you leave me alone with my daughter? We'll talk about this Monday." Mum says.

"Of course." He says and we stand up. "I'll see you later ok?" He says and I nod. He places a kiss on my forehead before heading out.

"Are you upset with me?"

"No honey I'm not. I'm just trying to understand how did this happened? How come I never noticed anything?" She says as she sits down.

"We were really careful." I say sitting next to her. "And how did it happen? I don't even know, but I'm happy it did." She looks at me confused. "Shawn has helped me mum, he appeared in a moment where without knowing I needed him. Him, you, Dr Brown, all of you have helped me heal from all the things that have happened to me. He's very sweet and nice to me. He cares for me and I for him. He makes me happy mum he really does."

"Oh sweetie," she says and hugs me. "I'm so happy to hear this." She adds letting go. "But Shawn broke the rules, I can't guarantee you I'll be able to help him, but I promise you to try." She says and I nod and hug her again. This is definitely not how I wanted my mum to find out about my relationship, but her reaction has warmed my heart and I'm thankful she finally knows.

A/N: HELLO! New chapter :D if you have gone to prom, what color was your prom dress? Mine was pink💖