xix. rebellion

Começar do início

Biting her lip, she picks up another one and repeats the process. People all around her are practicing with different weapons, chatting amongst themselves as everybody knows everyone so well.

Rosalie has a few more goes before deciding to leave the station. Finnick is chatting with Johanna by the tridents, moving the weapon around in his hands with a smile on his face. The sight of his smile brings one to her face, before she walks over to one of the survival stations.

The survival stations often offer up skills that have to do with plants and camouflage. Fishing also often comes up in these stations but she is already pretty competent in regards to fishing.

Rosalie decides to go towards the plant station and reads some of the notes that are available, matching the plants with the description. She smiles as she gets them right, her eyes flicking up when she sees somebody in the fishing station beside her.

Katniss Everdeen seems as if she is struggling to make a fish hook, Rosalie knows it is definitely not something they're taught in District Twelve. Before she can control her actions, the smaller brunette practically glides over to the teenager who is concentrating hard.

"Need a hand?" Rosalie questions, the girl jumping in response to the question. "Sorry, didn't mean to scare you,"

"You any good at this?" Katniss asks, ignoring the apology that Rosalie sent her way.

"I'm from District Four, it's practically in my DNA,"

Katniss nods her head and Rosalie grabs some items of her own. She guides Katniss through the art of making a fishing hook, making sure she isn't too fast in her explanations. Katniss doesn't ask many questions, she seems like more of a silent observer — which is perfectly fine. By the end of it, the girl from District Twelve has a decent looking hook which she would be able to use to catch some fish.

"Awesome! That's better than some of the ones made back home," Rosalie compliments with a large smile on her face. "If you keep practicing, they'll hold together better and you'll be able to catch bigger fish,"

"Thank you," Katniss replies quietly.

"No problem!"

The two of them gravitate away from one another rather quickly after that, neither of them knowing what to say to the other. Rosalie finds herself strolling over to Finnick who is now by himself, gently placing her hand on his shoulder.

"Saw you helping out Katniss," he states casually.

"She was struggling," Rosalie shrugs. "Besides we should be making friends with them," The last part comes out quieter than the first sentence.

"True,"

When they're told they can go for lunch, Rosalie skips over and grabs Finnick's hand, pulling him towards the cafeteria like room. Many people are already seated, most with their District partners. Finnick guides the brunette over to the table where Johanna and Peeta are already sitting.

"Hey guys!" Rosalie greets, taking one of the available seats.

"Rose, I haven't even had the chance to speak with you yet," Johanna speaks with a small smirk. "Off playing hero with Peeta's wife to be,"

"Nice to see you too," Rosalie says with a fond eye roll. "I was just teaching her how to make a hook is all,"

Rosalie turns her gaze to the blonde boy who is watching the three of them, there is almost caution in his eyes. For the most part, however, he just seems interested in the conversation.

"Nice to meet you, Peeta," Rosalie offers a kind smile which he returns without a second of hesitation.

"You too,"

"Peeta is definitely a lot more approachable," Finnick snorts as they lay beside each other

"Peeta is definitely a lot more approachable," Finnick snorts as they lay beside each other. "Katniss practically glared at me whenever we made eye contact,"

"She seemed alright to me," Rosalie responds. "Wasn't the most talkative but you talk enough to cover for her,"

"Shut up," he speaks playfully. "I think we'll be fine. It shouldn't be too hard to get Peeta to trust us but she'll be extra work. Haymitch said he'd find a way to help us so her we're trustworthy,"

Rosalie nods her head, her eyes staring up at the ceiling.

"This is going to work," Finnick says.

"I hope so," She replies. 

Man, she really hope it does.