Lesson 36 - A Revelation

ابدأ من البداية

Staffan leans forward, a creepy smile on his face. "Oh, indeed, your lost income must be compensated."

Sebas leans forward slightly, his bangs covering his expression. "Is your excessive lust not a problem for you?"

Staffan stands. "Huh?! How rude of you to mention lust! This whole law originally came about at the noble behest of the eminent Golden Princess, Renner! You are to--"

Succulent stands, setting an arm on Staffan's shoulder, his grin still there. "Now, now, please calm yourself, Lord Havish. We will return for your decision the day after tomorrow. Will that be all right, Mr. Sebas?"

Sebas is silent for a moment. "Undersood."

-

Sebas shuts the door behind the two, an annoyed glare etched on his features. Solution comes from a wall, one of her skills. "What are you going to do?" She asks.

"I think I would like to think this through over a short stroll outside." Sebas replies, opening the door and shutting it behind him.

Solution summons one of the message scrolls, the ones Cocytus used. "Message."

"Is that you, Lord Ainz?"

"Solution? I'm surprised to have you contact me. Is there an emergency?" Ainz says.

"Yes. There is a chance that Lord Sebas has turned on us."

"Hmm. Huh? Eh?! You can't mean it! Ahem, no more kidding around, Solution. A declaration like that without any proof cannot go unanswered." Ainz is quiet for a moment. "Is there any?"

"Yes." Solution states firmly.

---

(Y/n) peeks into the tavern, seeing Evileye at one of the tables. She let's out a sigh of relief before creating a fake scrapes on her legs, an accommodation of her skills as a Wendigou.

She huffs before walking in, sniffling as she runs over to Evileye. "Evileye!" She says, catching the girl's attention.

"(Y-../n)..." She mumbles, looking her up and down. "What happened?" Evileye muttered, quickly 'healing' (Y/n)'s wounds.

"I.. I was shopping with Tia and Tina- but then.. I lost their hands. After that.. I couldn't find them. I looked around before I decided to come back here.. and.. yeah." She mumbled, looking down guilty.

"I'm sorry.. I tried to hold onto their hands- but..." She shook her head before bowing. "I'm sorry! It won't happen again! I promise!" She attempted to sound desperate, hoping Evileye would believe her.

'If any of the Guardians saw this then they would flip out.' (Y/n) nervously chuckled in her head.

Evileye was silent for a moment before sighing. "It's.. alright. Tia, Tina, and Gagaran are out searching for you. I'll tell them that your back and okay."

(Y/n) simply nodded and took a seat, continuing to play the guilt card. She can feel Evileye's eyes on her, staring.

"It isn't your fault." Evileye said, breaking the silence. "Eh?" (Y/n) muttered, looking up at her. Evileye seemed to flinch before fidgeting in her seat. "Er- I just said.. it wasn't your fault that you got lost. We can't change our past actions." Evileye's tone seemed to change at the last part.

(Y/n) stared at her before smiling. "Yeah! Thanks Evileye! Who knew you were so good at giving advice."

"Er- well--"

"--(Y/n)! There you are!" Gagaran's voice cut Evileye off. Gagaran jogged up to the two and brought (Y/n) into a hug. "Ohhh, dang, you scared the hell out of us!" Gagaran sighed in relief.