Chapter 5

Chapter 5

"Hi. I'm Liam Spencer; I am here to meet with Mr. Wells. He was expecting me at some point today." I say to the lady at the desk.

She looks up and smiles at me. "Sure. Just hold on one moment. He was wrapping up a conference call."

I fall down onto the seat in the waiting room, still trying to wrap my head around the fact that I'm here and picking up annulment papers. Everything just seems so surreal. But I know in my heart that I'm doing the right thing.

"Liam, good to see you," Shaw says as I stand up to greet him a couple minutes later. He holds his hand out to me. "I wish it was under better circumstances, but nonetheless, it's still good to see you. Come, let's go into my office."

"Have a seat," Shaw directs once inside his office. He shuts the door before sitting down himself, awkwardly trying to get comfortable in his chair.

He takes a folder from on top of his desk and slides it over to me. "Here are the documents that you requested, Liam. Everything is there. You both leave with everything you brought into the marriage. Everything is fair to both you and Steffy."

I become quiet as I open the folder and skim the documents quickly to see the intricate details. It is a very fair annulment and truly makes it as if the marriage never existed. Every single detail is accounted for and taken care of.

"If there are any changes that you want me to—"

"No," I interrupt. "It's fine. It looks to be all here. I appreciate you doing this so quickly for me."

"Not a problem, Liam. I am truly sorry that it's come down to this. This honestly was the last thing I expected when you called. There was always just something about you and Steffy that I admired and made me believe that something like that was out there for everyone. The two of you, honestly were like straight out of a fairytale. I wish the both of you nothing but the best in the world. I hope everything works out."

I nod at him, giving him an uneasy smile. "Thank you again Shaw," I say getting up from my seat, taking the folder with me. "I appreciate it, and I will definitely be in contact with you sooner rather than later."