Chapter twenty-four

Start from the beginning

"There's only one spare room," Devon informed us.

It was silent before, but some how, it was even more silent now.

"And it has a very small double bed so two of you can stay on that, it will be a tight squeeze, but tough shit."

Fuck.

"My bed can easily fit three, so Maeko you're coming with me and Lyssa."

Fuck.

"What." Me and Azael said simultaneously.

I turned to him, "Azael shut the fuck up with saying the same things at me."

He turned to me. "Daeva why don't you shut the fuck in general."

I clenched my jaw and turned to Devon, "I'm not sharing a bed with him,"

Lyssa grinned, she fucking grinned, "Aw, that's too bad, goodnight,"

She turned gripping both Maekos arms and Devons.

I didn't even have time to try and negotiate before the three of them had practically ran down the hallway and disappeared.

"You're sleeping on the floor." Azael told me, turning away aswell. He'd been here before, he'd know where the spare room was.

"The floor is getting re-done, idiot, I'm not sleeping on concrete,"

He shrugged as I continued walking behind him. "Then share a bed with me."

*****

I was on the edge. One wrong move and I was going to fall.

I was in the bed with Azael, my dress and jacket still on while he was soundlessly asleep beside me without his top off.

The dress was fucking uncomfortable.

And it was fucking freezing.

With the moonlight shinning through the window, I could make out Azael's black, long-sleeved t-shirt on the floor.

I turned towards him, and moved in slightly closer. I lifted my hand and slapped his cheek a few times lightly to make sure he was asleep, and when he didn't even stir I slid from the bed.

The concrete felt like ice beneath my already freezing cold feet when I was off the bed. I scooped up his shirt.

I took my jacket off, throwing it in a corner before sliding my dress straps free from my arms.

I tugged the dress down, down past my stomach, then over my hips, then finally they slid past my thighs and over my legs until they pooled at my feet.

I stepped out of it and kicked that away into the corner, too.

I quickly threw on Azael's top and got back into bed.

I was comfortable now, but I was still fucking cold. The window was slightly broken near the bottom right, meaning cold air was able to blow around the room. Causing goose-bumps to prick at my skin.

I rubbed at my legs, then at my arms, then I rolled into a ball, facing away from Azael, tucking my arms and legs in tight to savour any warmth.

It didn't work.

I suddenly felt an arm snake under me, then around my stomach. Azael pulled me to his bare chest, using his other hand to pull the covers up higher to cover me more.

He was surrounded in warmth and I could of melted into it. Not into him, obviously, but the heat.

I should've moved away, I needed to move away. But when his other arm came over me so both of his arms were wrapped around me and his grip tightened, something in my chest tightened, too.

He let out a deep sigh, his warm breath fanning my neck and I may have leaned back a little more further into him.

If he noticed I was wearing his top, he didn't say anything.

I still couldn't sleep.

I simply stared out of the window. At the same stars and moon which I had seen millions of times.

I felt a hard tug on my stomach, "Sleep," Azael mumbled.

I shut my eyes tightly, "I can't," I mumbled back.

He sighed. "You're annoying as fuck, you know that?"

"So are you,"

He huffed a laugh.

I sat up slightly, and stayed there for around thirty minutes, with my head tipped back against the headboard. And even when I did that, his hands still remained wrapped around me.

*****

I don't even know if you guys are going to love me or hate me for this chapter.

Definitely hate me for the start of it, but hopefully I have redeemed myself a little bit for the end of it.

Anyways, next chapter out on Monday.