44-Nightmare.

Mulai dari awal

"Did you get it too?" Damien asks, showing me his phone. I read over the message, before frowning. 

"Grace is getting messy. She's leaving prints behind." 

"As in DNA? Or actual finger prints?"

"Both. She's also leaving witnesses." 

"That doesn't make sense. Why would she do that?"

"She wants to lead us to her. This will be a bigger war than I thought." I whispered. I jumped down from the counter. "I'm gonna go take a shower." 

I walked away from the two boys, going back up to my room. I shut the door and locked it. I took my phone out before calling Lucian. He picked up on the first ring. 

"Is it done?"

"They're both out of the United States along with your family. Move to phase 3?"

"Yes. I want it done quick." 

"On it. There is also something you should know."

"Yeah, what?" 

"This is a suicide mission, Maeve."

"And?" 

"All of the mafia leaders are here in New York. Just wanted to let you know."

"They want their mafia back afterwards?"

"Some, yes. Others, no."

"Phase 3, Lucian. Remember it." I whispered, before hanging up. I discarded my phone on my bed before going into the bathroom. I turned the shower on before getting in. 

--

I took a sip of my drink, watching everybody around me. My gaze was locked on the target, but I made sure I was careful of my surroundings. One wrong move and I'm dead. My guards are everywhere. Making sure I'm in range. 

I stood up, before making my way over to the target. They watched my every move, before I stopped in front of them. 

"It's rude to stare." He smiled. 

"Yeah? You stared right back, sweetheart." 

"Well what can I say? You are a handsome gentleman. Is it wrong for me to stare?" 

"Not if you think of me like that." He whispers, lust clear in his eyes. "Do you want to take this somewhere else?"

"I suggest buying me a drink first and getting to know me but for you? I'll throw those rules away. Just for tonight." He smirked, standing up. 

"Careful." Lucian says, over the earpiece. I ignored him, following the target to one of the back rooms. We walked in, locking it. He attacked my neck almost instantly. I grabbed my dagger and plunged it into his stomach. He stumbled back a bit, his eyes held furry.

"Where's Grace?" 

"Grace who?"

"Your boss Grace. The same Grace who killed your brother." His breathing was heavy and uneven. "Joseph was an evil man and I'm glad he's dead. I wished I killed him but I didn't." I pulled my gun out after he didn't say anything. He sat down in a chair, trying to stop the bleeding. "Come on, we both know you hate Grace. You liked Hazel better. I mean, she was your baby momma."

"You don't know anything." He grits out. 

"Your daughter deserves a father, August. She already lost a parent figure. She won't survive if she lost another. She'll turn up something that we both don't want but it'll happen if you aren't there for her." He stared at me. "You tell me where she is and I won't let you die. How about that?" 

"A deal?" He says, slightly laughing. He winced out in pain. "You want to use my daughter against me to accept a deal?"

"August, we both want this shit to go down. You were going to kill Joseph for your daughter. You didn't want her around that type of evil. After Hazel died, you were going to do it but Grace beat you to it. Didn't she?" Sweat beaded on his forehead. "Come on August, you expect this deal and you get to see your daughter grow up. A paramedic is right outside this door, waiting on my signal. Where is Grace?" 

"She's planning something huge." He finally admits. "She didn't keep me in the loop but I heard it from somebody. She's getting help from somewhere. They're providing all of the resources. When I mean all, I mean everything. It's somewhere overseas. Like Russia- No, not Russia. Somewhere from over there." 

"Was that so hard?" I ask, curious.

"She has eyes and ears everywhere. She knows everything that you are doing and she plans 3 steps ahead." I clenched my jaw. "It's someone in the mafia that's a rat. The name is Gwen I think."

"What?" 

"I don't know. I think that's her name. I just know it started with a G." I walked out of the room, letting the paramedics go in. 

"Maeve?" Lucian says, over the ear piece. I took it out, putting it in a glass that was near me. I exited the club with the guards right behind me. I got onto my bike, before taking off. Anger was bubbling in me and I needed to let it out before I do something that I regret. 

~

Unexpected plot twist. 

*Not Edited*