6- William.

A huge smile was on my face. I got the deal. I just landed a huge million dollar deal. When I mean that, I mean I'm getting hotels everywhere. Russia, Japan, China, everywhere I want. I just had to land that deal and now, I'll be rich more than ever. Not that I care about money, just that my people can get a raise. 

My life is turning around and for the better. I just have to stay clean. I've done it for more then three years. I got clean from dilaudid when I was 14. The alcohol doesn't really affect me. I just like to party. I haven't touched any dilaudid since then. Sure, I still have withdrawl, but it's alright for the most part. 

I walked through the hospital. I wanted to see dear old dad. Not that I call him that. He has no meaning in my life. After so much pain, this is what he deserves. Pain like he inflicted on me.

I went over to the nurse station and the one looked at me.

"Uh, William? William Black." I say, quietly. My last name wasn't Black. It was Morello's. The same as the other siblings. Had my name changed that day with the others. The nurse nodded and typed something in.

"First door on the left." She says, pointing down the hall. I nod and thank her.

I walked down the hall, preparing myself to talk to him. I stood in front of the door, and took a deep breath. I had to do this or I may never know. I walked inside and saw him staring out the window. He looked at me. 

"You don't look different." He says, frowning.

"So you're officially dying? Never thought I would see the day." I say, sitting down in one of the chairs. His red eyes stared at me and I stared right back. 

"I missed-"

"Bullshit William. If you missed me, you would've called but me and you both know I wouldn't come crawling back to you." I say, coldly. He sighs and lowers his eyes. "I'm happy you have cancer so you can feel an ounce of pain I felt." 

"I-" He stutters.

"What? You have an excuse, don't you? I bet it would be high off painkillers. I guess we are alike. Like father, like daughter." I say, shrugging. He looks at me. "I'm 2 years clean. Well, about to be anyways. Took me a long time to get to where I am today. I should've killed you when I had a chance but I didn't."

"How's the other kids? Are they alright?" He asks, concerned. I tensed up.

"Unbelievable. You wanted me here to tell you how my siblings are?" I ask, outraged.

"Well yeah-"

"You motherfucker." I say, standing up. He looked at me. "I hope you have a fun time in hell. I hear the devil loves little fuckers like you." 

"Maeve-"

"Rot in hell." My voice was dripping in venom. I was beyond mad. I stalked over to the door and opened it.

"How's my son?" He asks, quietly. I tensed up and slowly shut the door. I looked at him.

"That's none of your business."

"I have a right to know about him."

"Do you? You're not even on the goddamn birth certificate. I should know considering I signed it." I say, coldly. 

"He shares my DNA more so than ever."

"Because he came out of my goddamn body, William. You do not have a right to talk about him. I thought you would apologize for your actions, but I guess I was a fool to think that." I say, shaking my head. 

"He should know about me." I chuckled humorlessly. 

"About you? About the man I called a father when I was young? The man who practically made me with the bitch I called a mother? You think he should know about the person who raped their daughter and made her have the kid?" I ask, confused. "Because I think you're goddamn crazy. He will never know who his father is. If he wants to know, I'll tell him. He may resent me for it. He may hate you but I don't care. I'm not telling him about his goddamn father." 

"I have a right-"

"No you don't. He doesn't want to know who you are. He loves living with his grandmother."

"That isn't his grandmother. They don't even share blood!" He yells, outraged. 

"He doesn't care. I'll see you in hell, William." With that, I left. 

I was beyond pissed. I just wanted to sleep. Tomorrow will be a longer day than this one. 

--

I walked into the mansion, taking my shoes off. My mood was ruined. I just wanted sleep and alcohol but I had things to do tomorrow. I ran a hand down my face and let out a groan. My body was sore. 

"So, how was it? Did you land the deal?" Vanessa asks, standing up from the couch. I looked at her. 

"I, um, I did." I say, shrugging. She furrowed her eyebrows.

"That's good news, right?" I nod.

"Yeah. I just don't want to celebrate it. I'm going to bed." I say, frowning. I didn't notice the other people on the couch. I didn't care. 

I walked up to my room and went in. I changed out of my clothes and climbed into bed. 

Vanessa's pov

I looked at the others. 

"Is-is she okay?" I ask, confused. "She just landed a deal, wouldn't she be excited about that?"

"I don't think it's because of that, Vanessa." Axel says, softly. "Let's not pry, alright? Let's give her space and if she doesn't want space, we won't give her space." Everybody else nods. 

"She seemed mad but at who?" Atticus asks, concerned. 

"Can't be us, right? We didn't get into a fight in the past 72 hours." Damien says, frowning.

"She will tell us about it when she's ready. Along with the other things she's hiding." Axel says, shrugging. "Now, let's just give her space. Until she's ready to talk or do whatever she does to cope with whatever is happening." 

Let's hope she trusts us soon. I hate to see our second youngest child in pain when we can't help her.