Chapter 19: Waves Of Memories

Start from the beginning

Even without any of these, at least I know I have someone whom I can count on. A single person in this world whom I know will not let me go alone.

With the short time I knew Zeki, the comfort he gave to my heart is something that no one in this world has given me— not even Lennox.

"Do you want to get out of the car?" he asked like that's not already a given.

I slapped every sarcasm I have inside me before nodding at him.

We went out of his car and the first thing that welcomed me is the salty wind of the afternoon. The sun is about to set and my eyes wandered across the vast space of the sky where the orange and dark violet skies are like fighting with each other for their own personal space.

Just like how I fight for the memories I lost, happiness I knew I once had and the family that is on the verge of being broken.

The sense of betrayal once again scrapped through my chest and a pang of pain dominated my entire existence.

Tears streamed down my cheeks but I tried to stop them. I took a deep breath as I smiled through the pain. I wanted them to stop. I want everything that I have inside my chest to stop and just go on at least a hiatus.

I'm tired. I'm tired of seeking. I'm tired of running just to get the things that I badly want. It's unfair that other people don't have to fight for their place in this world— let alone fight to regain their altered memories.

"Here." the man beside me said as he offered me his handkerchief.

I almost forgot that he's the one who brought me here in the first place.

I took his handkerchief and wiped my tears away. It's weird how I can show my frustration and true self in front of this guy without being judged.

Even if it's Luis, I wouldn't dare cry in front of that dick head. For all I know, he's just going to judge me or worse, tease me for crying.

I know he's not that insensitive but we are each other's nuisances — at least I know that much.

"So..." I said as I cleared my throat. "Are we still playing this little game of yours?" I asked almost in an accusing tone and I saw how his forehead creased. "Are you still going to continue to pretend that you don't know me? Or should I say, you don't know much about me? Mister Ezekiel Aceves?"

He bit his lip as he lowered his head. He took a deep breath before finally facing me.

"Let me introduce myself properly then." he smiled before facing me with his proud but handsome face. "I'm Ezekiel Aceves, the son of your former gardener and your first ever ride or die partner." he gave me a cute smile before offering a handshake.

The son of our former gardener? This rich looking guy with porcelain skin? He looks like a rich kid that lived inside a mansion with centralized aircon 24/7!

"Are you kidding?" I asked, almost accusing him and he smiled before shaking his head. "There's no way in hell I'm going to believe that you're a son of a gardener."

"I have proof." he replied and I shook my head again..

"The people around me showed me concrete evidences as well and I believed them but turns out, it was all a lie. What makes you think I'll believe you?"

He bit his lip as he got his handkerchief from me and wiped my tears away from my cheeks.

"What did they do to you?" he asked pertaining to particularly no one, pain was evident in his voice.

"I guess they destroyed me more in the process of trying to fix me?" I tried to lighten up the mood but it was futile. I thought that will lighten up his suddenly darkened face but his same expression told me otherwise.