11 | 5937 days ago

Start from the beginning

Soon the two come back with the lady. I move out of the way so Deena can open it and show her. "No! No, no, no! You need to leave! Right now! You have no idea what you are doing!" She shouts at Deena turning to leave. "Wait! Yeah, exactly. You are the only person who knows what we're dealing with." Deena stops her. "Which is why I don't want that thing near me. Get that car and it off my property." She tells Deena and I don't blame her. "Her name is Sam. You could have watched us dead on the six o'clock news, but you didn't. You called us back." Deena tells her. "I can't help you with this!" She tells Deena again. "You are our last chance! The witch," Deena gets cut off. "No, I'm sorry." She tries to walk past Deena but she shoves her back. "My girlfriend is possessed by her and tied up in a trunk, but you... you saw her and you survived. What was different? Please. Maybe something happened to you, something that can help us stop her." Deena begs her.

"There's not! You can't stop her. Run, far as you can, fast as you can! That is your only chance." She walks past Deena. "Look, I can't just run! Look, Sam... I can't let her die. I won't. I love her. Please." Deena makes her stop. "Just keep her away from Major Tom." She turns back to her house making Deena rush to the car. In my head, I sort of mock Deena's words as I walk past them going inside. "Well, I didn't want Kate and Simon to die. I loved both of them. I loved Simon." I say out loud in the house. "I saw the cover-up story." The lady looks over at me. "Sorry about Deena. She doesn't give up. I knew you wouldn't want to help. I don't blame you... Not wanting to go through this again." I tell the lady and she nods her head. "Thank you for understanding." I nod my head as Josh and Deena, struggling to put Sam in the bathroom.

"I'm Elizabeth, or Liz or Lizzy." I let her know. "Christine, or Ziggy. Why aren't you helping them?" She asks me. "I like that name. Oh, I'm in a mood where I just don't care about my sister since my best friends are dead now." I smile at her. "I know it's wrong of me but that's just how I feel right now," I explain to her. "You two not close?" She asks, looking for something. "We're close like average siblings but not super close like most twins." I take a seat on the floor. A few seconds pass before the other two join us. "It's completely fine. She's tied up in the bathroom, so she, like, totally can't leave now, we're cool." I giggle at Josh having trouble speaking. He was then followed by a loud roar from Sam. "Yep, cool. Cool, cool." I laugh again while they stare at Ziggy.

" I laugh again while they stare at Ziggy

"Take a seat." She tells them and they join me on the floor. "In Shadyside, the past is never really past. This was July... 12th. The summer of 1978. The first day of camp. A week later, my sister was dead." We look at the photo she threw on the ground towards us. She starts off by telling us about what the beginning of the day was before everything happened. About the asshole, Sunnyvalers accused her of witchcraft, and that Nick Goode tried to help her out. That nurse Lane was always nice but that day was out of it. Turned out she tried to kill Tommy because she saw his name and knew something bad was going to happen. That the teenagers from Sunnyvale believe she was possessed by Sarah Fier, as was her daughter.

When she was trying to get back at the Sunnyvale bitch, Nick helped her prank Sheila and lock her in the outhouse covered in bugs. That the two bonded and shared a kiss before Tommy murder several Shadyside campers. Nick wanted her to stay in the mess hall but left when she forgot about Sheila in the bathroom. When she went to go help her out they fought before she knocked the bitch out. That her and counselor Gary try to rescue Alice and Cindy out of the toilet until Tommy decapitates Gary. Ziggy runs into Nick and they try to hide from Tommy. Until Nick got injured by Tommy, and she escapes to the mess hall. As the rest of the camp leaves via bus. Tommy ends up attacking her, but Cindy intervenes and kills him. Alice then arrived and told them that she found the witch's hand. She had started bleeding and realized that she was sitting near Satan's stone, where she dug it out.

Then the trio decided to end the curse by reuniting Sarah's hand when Ziggy suddenly bleeds on the hand and sees a vision of Sarah Fier. That triggers the curse, resurrecting several Shadyside killers. Tommy ended up killing Alice before Cindy decapitates him. Ziggy and Cindy ran to the tree where Fier was hanged, with the Shadyside killers in pursuit. They dig around the tree and found a rock saying "The witch forever lives". When Cindy realizes they were after Ziggy, she dropped the hand and sacrifices herself. The two of them were murdered and the killers disappear, until Nick finds them and saved her.

"That was July 19th, 1978. Five thousand, nine hundred and thirty-seven days ago. My sister was dead and so was I. And most days... I wish I'd stayed dead." She finishes the story. "Wait. You're Ziggy?" Josh and Deena realize. "I already knew that before because she told me..." I say because they were looking at me. "Cindy, my sister... She sacrificed herself for nothing. I told everyone the story of how she died. The story I told you... And no one believed me." She tells us. "And Nick?" Deena asks. "I thought he was different. I thought he would believe me. But Nick had a destiny in this town. And you don't believe the sheriff talking about ghost stories. I couldn't see him again. Not after that." She tells us. "The witch... The town curse... For one night, Cindy believed that there was a way to end it. So I thought there was too. But now I know... there is no end." Ziggy tells us.

"Like I said, your best chance is to run from this place

"Like I said, your best chance is to run from this place. Go as far as you can, hope a bus doesn't hit you on the way out." Ziggy gets up, turning off an alarm. "We round the body off Highway 5 in the woods between Shadyside and Sunnyvale," Deena tells her and she doesn't believe it so Josh and I say yes. "Why do you think our friends died? For the same reason, they killed Alice, your sister. The killers came after us because we found something they didn't want us to find." I stop listening to Deena shaking my head leaving the room. No, the killers went after Sam, not me, her, Josh, Kate, or Simon... just Sam. I pace in the kitchen trying not to break again.

"We're going after the hand. Keep an eye on Sam." Deena tells me then leaves with Josh. "How did I get stuck with this job!" I shouted out but they were gone. "The killers made me and my sister closer before I lost her." Ziggy walks into the room. "It's the opposite for me though. We were closer before this all happened... now I'm like how you were with your sister before losing her. Don't care." I sigh. "I know they didn't have to help but there were so many other options we could have gone with. They did it because that's what good friends do. They were good people." I tear up again leaving the room. "You look like you need rest. How about you rest your eyes on the couch and I'll watch your sister?" Ziggy follows me. "You sure?" I ask her. "I can tell you haven't got rest since everything. I'll wake you if I need you." I nod my head laying down playing with my bracelet some beautiful falling asleep.