Quidditch World Cup

En başından başla

"I thought being dramatic was in your blood."

"Yeah, that too." He smirked. "I'm half Potter, half Black. We don't get to choose if we want to be sarcastic, stubborn, or dramatic. It's kind of a package deal. You get it all."

***

As the last day of their sixth year arrived, Teddy and Leo boarded the Hogwarts Express along with the other students, and so they took a whole compartment to themselves until the train finally stopped at Platform nine and three-quarters by the time nightfall had come.

     The two boys had gone through their plan a dozen times and practiced what they had to do. They only had to keep it up for two weeks.

     "I'm still convinced that it's not going to work," Teddy whispered worriedly to Leo as they reached for their trunks and made their way out of the train, walking through the sea of students who were leaving their compartments.

     "I told you already! It will work!" Leo said with the same determination as always. "Trust me."

     "We've never done a single prank in our life. This is a really extreme one for our first time."

     "Look, I'm tired of how our dads go on and on about how awesome they were in their Hogwarts years! If we manage to keep this up prank for two weeks without them noticing, we'll show them that we can be just as cool."

     "Cool people don't call themselves cool."

     "Shh. It's time to go. Don't forget to act natural," said Leo with a mischievous grin as the two of them walked into the platform, which was obscured by a thick white steam that was still pouring from the train behind them.

Although there was something different about them. Or rather, literally everything was different about them.

As a prank, the two boys had decided to use their Metamorphic abilities to fool their families by transforming into each other for two weeks and switching places, until the end of the Quidditch World Cup game.

Teddy had bet Leo that there was no way their parents wouldn't notice, but Leo kept reassuring him that if they did everything as planned, they would be successful at the prank. And after that, their parents could never brag about the troubles they caused or the legendary pranks they used to pull.

"Anyway, why am I seeing good with your glasses?" Teddy asked, pushing up the black glasses up his nose which Leo always wore.

"Er... well... I don't really need them," said Leo sheepishly, running a hand through his now turquoise blue which was Teddy's favorite color. "The glasses are decorative."

"Of course they are." Teddy sighed mockingly, rolling his eyes.

"Oi! Don't give me that judgy look. They look good on me, okay?"

"If you say so." Teddy grinned, causing Leo to glare at him.

Pushing their trolleys onward, Teddy and Leo took turns to run toward the brick wall, gathering speed until they passed through the barrier and reached the Muggle side of King's Cross Station.

     "There they are," said Leo quietly, who had turned his voice to sound like Teddy's, gesturing his head over at the distant, where they finally sighted their parents. "Okay, how's my voice?"

     "Good. How's mine?" Teddy questioned.

     "It should be a little deeper."

     "You wish." Teddy scoffed, both of them laughing as they pushed their trolleys onward.