but at last came a knock

(TW! Drug use later in the chapter!)

"Liam is officially asleep." Lip says coming in our room. "That was fast." I say taking a hit of a j.

"Yeah well three pages from Deb's eat pray love and he's out" he says sitting down."If James Franco wasn't in the movie I would've nodded off too." Ian says from beside me as I hand lip the smoke.

"Hey do you guys got any cash you can float me? Florence and the machine are playing at the Chicago theatre I wanna take Karen for her birthday." Lip says.

"Pricey gift." I say shaking my head.

"Things getting serious?" Ian asks.

"Fuck off. She's my bestfriend okay? And you both know I would never spend that kind of cash on a girl anyway." He says all defensive.

"All right well I got a Hamilton it's yours." Ian says.

"I got a Jackson for you." I say digging in my pocket even though I hate Karen he makes lip happy.

"Thanks guys." Lip says as Liam starts to cry and me and Ian play Rock Paper Scissors and I lose.

(Time skip)

"Jesus Debbie where are we going it is freezing out." I say rubbing my hands together as we get off the bus. "You will see ok just follow me." She says struggling to walk in the snow.

(Time skip)

"Who's house is this?" I ask as we walk up to a big fancy house. "I think Steve has another girlfriend named Candace and she lives here." She blurts out.

"What?" I ask as she starts knocking on the door while I process what she said.

A oldish lady opens the door.

"Are you screwing my sisters boyfriend?" Debbie asks.

"Well if y'all are selling cookies that is a hell of an opening line." She says looking at Debbie then me as I walk in and Debbie follows.

"Do come in." She says as I look around the room and see all these fancy things around. "Can I get you guys anything? Milk? Soda? A joint? It's medicinal" She asks.

"No thank you Ma'am." I say.

"How do you know Steve?" Debbie asks. "Who is Steve?" The lady asks lighting a joint.

"He is our sisters boyfriend..." I say.

"How nice."

"So he's not pushing it into you?" I ask as she starts coughing.

"Hey mom me and chip are gonna swing my the hospital to see dad so you can relax tonight." I hear a familiar voice say as I see Steve come out.

"Oh thank you Jimmy you take such good care of your mama bear." She says and starts kissing him and my jaw drops."Oh and uh this is uh..."

"Debbie and Bianca. Gallagher." I say as he makes eye contact with us I couldnt believe him.

"Nice to meet you Jimmy." Debbie says.

"Jimmy is my youngest, top of his class at Michigan med school. He is going to be a cardio thoracic surgeon like his big brother and daddy." His mom starts to blabber as me and Debbie just stare at him.

Me and Debbie get up and walk out as she is still talking.

(Time skip)

Me and Debbie are sitting on some snow silent as I hear "Jimmy" start talking behind us."You know not sure I can prove it but I think it's colder on the north side, lemme take you guys home." He says as I light a cigarette and ignore him.