Chapter 2: The Truth!

Max: Huh? Where am I?

Max awakens in a hospital, a banging head ache and a sore back. Max gazes across the room and notices nobody else is in here, max leaps forwards until he is pulled back into place by some handcuffs on him.

Max: What the... what the heck's going on here?

A doctor enters the room and approaches Max, along with Ross and a police officer.

Max notices bandages on Rosses shoulder and knee, he must had gotten injured by the man, that was Max's first initial thought was.

Doctor: Morning Max, how are we feeling today?

Max: My backs a little sore and so is my head, other then that I'm feeling fine.

Ross: Max, do you remember anything that happened last night?

Max: I remember chasing after a man, he was hurting this woman. Robbing her I think, also what happened to you?

Ross: Oh this? It's nothing don't worry about it.

Ross hid the bandages, trying to conceal the injuries he sustained in the attack.

The policemen continued to question Max to get a better understanding on what happened, then leaving not too long after taking the cuffs off.

Max: Dad, what happened to the man?

Ross: Eh... well the police caught him, with my help of course!

Max looks downwards towards his lap, he has this sensation that something is wrong. That someone is lying and he can't understand it.

Max: *yawns* Alright I'm tired, I think I should get more sleep

Doctor: That's not a bad idea. When we found you, you were very fatigued

The doctor and Ross leaves, and gives Max privacy.

Max waits a few minutes before getting his belongings together and jumping outta the window and climbing down the building.

He started running towards the site where everything had started, the moment the man showed up.

As Max turned the corner, he froze in confusion. A massive ball of ice in a centre of town, icicles piecing the building's and ground.

Max: Wha- what happened here?

A random stranger started walking around the corner and bumped into Max accidentally, dropping his vegetables and fruit.

Stranger: Oh I'm sorry, I didn't see-

Max: Thats ok, here you go!

The stranger stared at Max in horror and fear, he started running away from Max as fast as he could, trying to distance himself from him.

Max: Huh... that was weird... I better chase after him if I want some answers

The stranger started breathing heavily, turning around making sure he wasn't followed. As he sighed in relief, Max showed up and held him still.

Max: Sir please, what happened over there! I must know! Will you tell me?

The stranger shaking nervously, still in fear for his life, he mumbled something quietly. Max unable to understand him.

Max: What? Speak louder, calm down please

Stranger: Y- y- you did this, that ice ball in the centre, that was you wasn't it? Please, just don't hurt me.

The stranger pleaded Max for forgiveness, in hopes he wouldn't destroy another building. Begging him to stop and not hurt him.

Max: What, but I'm elementless. The decider told me yesterday. That can't have been me...

Max was angry, he came to the realisation that if that was his doing, then Ross, his own dads injuries would probably had been the result of his actions.

Devastated and still in utter disbelief, Max threw his arm across him in a fit of rage, releasing a blast of icicles to shoot from his hands, causing them to impale the wall beside him.

Max: Then... it's true... I'm a elementalist, but also a monster...

Sirens were echoing through the air, the stranger has disappeared. Max wasn't surprised that he'd had called the police, after all the damage he caused was devastating.

Ross: Max! Come on, up here!

Ross was calling for Max, up above a building. Max climbed up the building, grabbing Rosses hand and using his help to get above.

Max: How'd you find me?

Ross: I knew that if you were to go anywhere, you'd come here in search for answers.

Max: Yea... and I found them... I'm a monster. What's the point of being an elementalist if I can't even control my own element?!

Ross: That's why I'm going to train you, I am a teacher at Alburney School after all.

Max: Is it really possible? What if I end up hurting someone again, or worse...

Ross: Snap outta it kiddo, your element had just awakened. Plus it's your first time, don't be so hard on yourself. Come with me.

Ross leads Max to a forest far outta the city, Ross then used his element to create a bunch of rock targets for Max to practice on.

Ross: Now then, let's see if you've got the aim.

Max threw his arm again like he did around the stranger, nothing happened. Once again, Max continued to do that same arm motion and nothing was happening.

Max: I don't get it, I did it before. Why isn't it working?

Ross: What were you feeling before? When it worked? Close your eyes.

Max closes his eyes and calmly stands still, thinking hard about the moment he last used his element.

Max: I was... angry...

Max's hand slowly turned blue as a small icicle appeared from the centre of his hand, forming by freezing the air into an icicle.

Max: I was... scared...

The icicle started gaining shape, it became pointy and lethal.

Ross: Alright, now concentre on that feeling. And unless your potential!

Max threw his arm at the rock target, penetrating the entire rock, smashing it into small chunks as it crumbled.

Ross: Good. Now again!

Max and Ross trained for hours, trying to make sure Max had a handle and grip on his element. Continuously, Max destroyed every target until exhaustion.

They both headed home, relaxing and sleeping off a hard days work.

Max: Morning dad

Max yawned as he entered the kitchen, noticing his dad with an envelope in his hand.

Max: What's this?

Max took the envelope and opened it, Max got accepted into the school he'd always wanted to go to. The school for the gifted, the school for whose who possess elements. Alburney School.