Chapter 11 - Dreamscapes All Around

Newton was at his desk, in a room where silence had engulfed every other sound, excepting the ticking of a clock up on the wall. The door to the classroom had been locked, leaving him stuck inside until the teacher decided to come and let him out. Newton had a notebook open on his desk, along with a few sharp pencils, some of the only equipment he had actually remembered to bring. He cursed his younger self.

Doodled upon the notebook were many small doodles he had drawn to try and get the block of time that he was faced with to at least move slightly quicker. The doodles were messy sketches of himself and (Name). Although being rather badly drawn, and a far cry from ‘artistic’, they held a certain charm that Newton liked. Some of the doodles included him and (Name) sipping tea on a checkered picnic rug. What he’d give for just a small picnic… Heck, it didn’t even have to be that nice of a day. Just a rug, tea and (Name). Bliss. Newton found himself lost in a developing fantasy, much to the humorous enjoyment of the yellow entity that watched.

(Name) and Patricia stood, staring out at a massive furnace that powered Ziggurat and created the warmth that kept the island safe from the ocean of snow that surrounded them. It was impressive… Intricate mechanisms made of bronze whirred and pumped, sending the warm air into the Ziggurat. The most odd thing about the furnace was the persistent snow that covered a few elevated platforms. It was incredible to look at, a sea of sizzling coal below, yet snow covering platforms that hung above it.

“How’re we gonna get over there?” (Name) asked. Despite the pretty and downright astounding surroundings, she dreaded the trip there…

“Furnace too hot for you, you catch on fire. You must use yeti.” Papal explained, before sneezing. A pale white, and incredibly furry yeti dropped down between Papal and (Name), wearing a golden-trimmed green regal cape, with an abstract symbol emblazoned on it in gold.

“I’m sorry, allergies…” Papal apologized, before sniffing, and sneezing again. “Yeti will get marble for you! Useful, no?”

“Definitely useful.” Patricia commented. “Maybe we should go see if we can get another marble while we wait for the yeti to come back…”

“Ah! Yes! Let’s go to giant steam powered dragon!” Papal said excitedly. “Not very practical, but creative, yes?”

“It sounds very… Dangerous.” (Name) said. She went from being relaxed to slightly worried again in moments. “No rest for a hero, I guess.” She thought to herself.

“Maybe we should get some sleep first…” Patricia suggested. “It’s been a long day…”

“You know what? That sounds like a great idea…”

A few minutes later, (Name) and Patricia were ushered into a small hotel and into a room. Thankfully, there were two double beds, so they didn’t have to share one. (Name) didn’t hesitate to snuggle underneath the cream coloured duvet, and found her eyes shutting immediately, and falling asleep a few moments later…

(Name) opened her eyes to find she was in a grassy field, in what looked like a small valley… There was a gentle mist in the area, and she seemed to be lying on a white rug with red tartan style checkers. A picnic rug? She felt someone’s arms wrapped around her…