Chapter 10 - To Other Places

(Name) trudged through the snow which was sending gentle chilling pulses up her spine, she was knee deep in it… Considering she was wearing rather summery clothing, it wasn’t comfortable one bit. Patricia, on the other hand seemed used to it, bundled up warmly in her pale pink coat. A blizzard had just kicked up and was pounding her from all directions. There was hardly any indication of where the Ziggurat was, apart from some dark, tall shapes that loomed in the distance, still, but they got gradually closer with every weary and fed up footstep.

“You need to toughen up, (Name).” Patricia commented, not seeming annoyed or tired one bit. Oddsock was walking alongside her, blissfully oblivious of (Name)’s struggling.

“I’m not the one with a freaking fur coat.” (Name) defended herself, gently wiping some of the white snow of her face in the fear that she would disappear entirely if she let it cover her. It’d be a horrible way to go.

“Oddsock isn’t wearing anything, and it’s fine…” Patricia bit back.

“Good point… But hey, we’re nearly there, let’s just stop fighting…” (Name) huffed, trying to put an abrupt stop to the conversation. She could be cold if she wanted, gosh. Finally, the dark shapes began to become clearer, gaining colour. They were towers, with what looked like cream puffs with a line of neat topping drawn up them. Or maybe one could describe them as Russian.

“Oh my goodness, we’re finally here…” (Name) breathed.

“It’s so pretty!” Patricia said in awe. Oddsock just stared with their almost eerily content smile.

(Name) almost tripped on an invisible platform that suddenly appeared, it was buried under snow, but the Ziggurat could be seen clearly now in all of it’s glory and beauty.

Somewhere, evil Newton was fuming at the ‘pest’ that had released one of the titans. The purple and yellow titans both had a short conversation over what to do about him. The real Newton had been suspended, put unconscious so he wouldn’t interfere.

“What should we do this time?”

“You sort it out. After all, I’M the real Newton, not the imbecile that was born into this body. I’m far too busy.”

“I will do that at once, real Newton…”

The entity of yellow gently toyed with Newton’s consciousness, flicking through his memories, and draining them from his mind, taking small samples. The dripping of memories was like water dripping from an open crack of a drainage pipe. The memories were assorted through quickly, before a certain one was selected from amongst the flow. Popit Academy.

The real Newton’s hearing was blotchy… He stirred slightly, hearing his name being called by a rather familiar voice.

“Newton? NEWTON!”

Newton felt something hit him on the head, knocking his hat back. Newton yelped, his eyes opening to see he was in a classroom, sitting at a neat desk. Students stared at him, consisting of mostly sackpeople. The walls were covered in maps and posters on complex tweaking of objects. A few memories popped into Newton’s head… This was his Popit Academy classroom.

The professor stared disapprovingly.

“Asleep again, Newton.” He growled in annoyance, before turning calmly back to the chalkboard and raising a bit of chalk to continue writing. “Also, detention after school in my office.”

Newton slumped down, uttering a curse to the titan that created this delusion. They weren’t being subtle at all. Whether he could break out of this one or have to wait until he’s at his highest, he wasn’t sure… But for now he was bound by the rules of the room and he was going to obey them until he got a smidgen of time to himself.

(Name) tread gently through the inside of the Ziggurat. The floor was pure smooth bronze, and the air was pleasantly warm to her senses. The area was indeed very grand and didn’t try to disguise this. (Name) shut her eyes to try and let the stress slip from her mind, and melt onto the floor, like the snow on her shoes.

Patricia interrupted the serene environment when she started yelling to see if she could hear her echo.

“PATRICIA IN THE HOUSE!” Her voice did indeed echo, and it disrupted (Name)’s serenity, sending it shattering like a glass window that had a nuke thrown into it.

To Patricia’s surprise, she heard an angered yell echo through the temple.

“WHO DARES TO DISRUPT THE ZIGGURAT’S SERENITY?!” The voice was male and had a thick Russian accent.

“Patricia, you dun goofed.” (Name) said disapprovingly. She stared her down in annoyance.

A rather indescribable figure ran in, but he was still definitely recognisable as Papal Mache, the person who built the Ziggurat from the ground up. His expression softened as he saw Patricia.

“You are not from here, yes?”

“Well-”

“Don’t answer, the Newton has filled my mind with sand.” Papal lamented sadly, before noticing Oddsock, who was standing behind (Name) and laying on it’s back to the air almost as if it wanted it’s stomach to be scratched.

“Is that the Oddsock? Do my eyes decieve me?” Papal said in a hushed, shocked tone.

“No, that’s Oddsock alright.” (Name) replied.

“Oh, so you are going to stop the Newton, yes?”

“We came for Toggle!” Patricia called out just a little too loudly, causing yet another echo. Papal winced.

“The Toggle? Oh, yes. Thank you, the Newton is really getting irritating…”