Chapter 29: Final round

Start from the beginning

Kayden: "What.... is that...."

He asked the red-eye as if it was a completely different entity but with the reply he got from Y/n, it might as well be.

Y/n: "The last thing you will ever see."

His voice was completely different from before it sounded angry and vengeful. However, now it's cold and calculated like he has lost all emotions.
Before Kayden could say anything more he was hit directly in the chest, sending him flying into the dome's barrier. The power... the speed... it's all completely different from their previous two fights.
Kayden coughed and spat out blood as he looked up at the slowly approaching red eye. He asked with a trembling voice.

Kayden: "How.... how did a human... get so strong in.... a few days!?"

The reply is simple and powerful.

Y/n: "Not by eating one of my own."

As he asked, Kayden's pure black eyes widened as he believes Y/n is also getting revenge for Sven.

Kayden: "...N-no.... I.... I don't want to..."

Y/n: "Then fight."

Every fiber of his body told him to run but those two words had such power that he suddenly jumped to punch Y/n, even with the sharp shooting pain from his chest.
Y/n grabbed his enlarged fist before it could reach his face. One simple squeeze and Kayden's fist was crushed.

A scream came from inside the dome as everyone waited outside. Ahri with the kids hugging her waist, Hati standing next to them with Noctis and everyone else surrounding the dome.

Back in the dome, Kayden is clenching his crushed hand as it heals. Y/n was just staring down at him, waiting for him to attack again.

Kayden: "You.... enjoying... this?"

His voice still clearly projecting fear.

Y/n: "I know you did when you chased me to the cliff."

Kayden had no other response but to beg for mercy.

Kayden: "please... I beg of you... don't kill me..."

Y/n: "Fight."

Again the sheer power from Y/n's word forced Kayden to attack. This time he swung with his other arm, aiming low for Y/n's legs. He simply lifted his leg and pinned Kayden's arm to the ground. Crushing the arm and causing Kayden to scream once again. This time Y/n didn't wait as with one swift motion he kicked Kayden in the face. He stopped and took a step back, allowing Kayden to huddle himself.

Y/n: "You want to know how pathetic you are?"

He waited for a response but got nothing.

Y/n: "A human was able to keep up with me. And you... you were better off with your old power."

He took a step closer making Kayden shiver in fear.
What followed next was a lot of pain and screaming coming from Kayden as Y/n brutally cracked, snapped, ripped, bruised, and tore as much as he could to Kayden before stepping out of the dome.

10 minutes had passed since the initial scream from Kayden's. It was followed by mumbling and more screams. Thankfully no sounds of Y/n's work could be heard but a bit of the aftermath came with him as he stepped outside.
Everyone stared at Y/n as he was completely covered in blood and still had glowing red eyes. Ahri had covered the kids' eyes so they couldn't see him in his scary state. The dome behind him shrank to a smaller size, still covering what must be left of Kayden.
The glow disappeared and Y/n gave a reassuring smile that he was okay.

Y/n: "...why do... you guys go inside... I... will clean up."

Everyone thought this would be a happy occasion. A time to rejoice that Y/n reclaimed his home and saved his family with the pack... but no one made a sound. Instead, they all went inside... all except for Ahri and Clara. Both looked to be very concerned.

Ahri: "Y/n?"

Y/n: "It's okay Ahri... I'm not hurt..."

The silence returned as the three stood watching each other for a few moments. Clara looked at the still-standing dome and asked.

Clara: "...you want some... help?"

Y/n: "...no thank you. Please... both of you go back inside."

Clara listened and slowly made her way inside but Ahri stayed. Her head was slightly tilted and her arms wrapped around her waist. She limped closer to Y/n and reached out to touch his cheek.

Ahri: "I'll wait with you."

It was then that she noticed Y/n had a clenched fist with a silver chain hanging out. She looked up in a worried, questioning experience. She wanted an answer and Y/n was not afraid to explain.

Y/n: "He wore the ring to repel the spirits of the dead."

Ahri: "So... Lykos was not here to help?"

He looked confused at her, clearly saying without words 'how do you know her'. He was about to ask her that exact question before Ahri stopped him with a hand to his mouth. Her three middle fingers gently touching his lips. They soothed him and he waited for her to respond.

Ahri: "I can read minds... a gift I've used often to talk with her..."

While she was talking, the Tenebris dome floated away with the remains of Kayden. Y/n would hug her but... yeah, the blood didn't make it possible so he said.

Y/n: "It's okay... it's nice that she gets to talk with someone other than me."

Ahri smiled and Y/n responded by crushing the ring.

Y/n: "So talk with her as much as you want."

Ahri and Y/n waited outside of the house for everyone inside to fall asleep. When everyone was asleep, they snuck, Y/n to the bath and Ahri to their bed which was currently being occupied by the kids and Clara. Ahri simply climbed in with them and waited for Y/n to was himself of the blood.
He joined everyone and it didn't take him long to sleep and he spent the night talking with Lykos.