Chapter-5

They kept talking for some more time. Then one by one, Hermione, Ron, Neville went to their dorms calling it for the night. Then, Harry and Ginny also left to their head boy and head girl dorms. Leaving the time travelers alone.

The four didn't speak a word after Harry and Ginny left. They just sat there in silence, trying to process everything. They were all deep in their own thoughts.

"What.. just happened" James said, voicing all of their thoughts, not really expecting an answer. Lily turned her head towards him and said, "Do you wanna know what I think?" Remus and Sirius sighed, knowing the outburst that was about to come.

But Lily ignored them and continued, "I think you just broke a time turner and we time traveled 20 years into the future, and we now have to go to school with your son- who is, apparently, world wide famous!!" yelling most of it.

"You might've just woken up everyone at Hogwarts" Sirius snorted, earning him a glare from Lily. Sirius held up his hands in surrender while Remus quickly put a spell around the common room.

"Calm down, Lily" James said, but Lily glared at him too and began, "how can you tell me to calm down when we are 20 years-" but before she could continue, Remus interrupted her
"We know, Lily, but there's nothing we can do now to change it" he said calmly, which seemed to calm down Lily.

"Now," Remus said, in a serious tone, "We need to figure out why Harry's so famous and what happened to the rest of us, and how we are doing now. We also need to figure out what happened in the last 20 years and more about the war. Of course, it'd be better if we don't know much either since we are basically here for research, but we still need to know the basics about the war and how it happened. If we had kids, Harry would surely be close to them, right? But he didn't really talk to anyone except Ginny, Ron, Hermione, Neville and Luna. I don't think I saw anyone who looked like any of us either. And what about our friends, I didn't hear any of their last names when people introduced themselves either-" Remus was about to continue on his rant but Sirius interrupted him and said, "It's alright, mate. We know it's a lot to take in..." placing an arm on his shoulder and gave him a reassuring smile. Remus gave him a small smile and nodded while Lily and James just nodded.

James suddenly realized something and stood up, "What about Peter?" he exclaimed.
"Oh, we should've waited for him!" He said before collapsing on the couch.

"I feel bad for him, he has to spend- who knows how long- without us... I can't imagine being without you guys, especially without any notice" Sirius said siriusly [Never gets old ;)]

"I am sure.. he's gonna be fine..." Remus said, doubting himself a little while saying it. And then it hit him, this was going to be their first adventure with only the three of them. The four of them did almost everything together. Sure James and Sirius did some things together but Remus and Peter usually tagged along. This will most likely be the longest they have been without each other in the past 7 years, they even went to each other's houses during the summer holidays and Christmas breaks.

"Hey! You're not the only ones, at least you have each other... I already miss Marlene, Dorcas, Mary and Alice so much!" Lily said.

"Um Lils.. Alice is not even in Hogwarts anymore.." James said while Lily rolled her eyes. "Of course I know that, but that doesn't mean I won't miss her." She replied in an obvious tone.

James threw an arm around her shoulder and moved closer to her before saying, "Besides, you have us" then motioned to himself, Remus and Sirius with his other hand. Sirius grinned and sat on the other of Lily and threw an arm around her other shoulder and said, "Ya, don't you love us, Lils?" And he made a puppy face at her. Remus just playfully rolled his eyes at them.

Lily pushed their arms away and said,
"Who said I did?" And now she was smirking.

Sirius fake gasped and put an arm to his chest, "The betrayal! James, look at your girlfriend! How could she?!" All of them were smiling.

James put his hands up in surrender and said, "Who said I did either?" Sirius now put an arm to his forehead and flopped next to Remus on the couch.

"Look at them, Remus! And at James! He's been dating her for- what- 5 months-"
"6 months by day after tomorrow-" James interrupted him
"-ya, whatever, six. And he's already siding with her!"
Remus put an arm on his shoulder and said, "Don't worry, Pads. I am also on Lily's side."

This made James and Lily burst out laughing. Sirius just scoffed and Remus also started laughing. After awhile all of them were laughing, James practically on the floor.
They didn't even know what they were laughing at, but they were whole-heartedly laughing after a while. The past few months have been rough with the war as it just seemed to get worse. All the worries about time travel, how they were in this situation, the war and everything else disappeared. They didn't matter right now. After a while they got themselves together and sighed contendly at how happy they were.

"Let's better get to bed now" James said m, getting up. "After all, we have an exciting day tomorrow" Sirius also got up at that and started walking towards the dormitories with James.

Lily eyes them suspiciously and questioned, "Why may I ask?" James and Sirius looked at each other and grinned before replying in unison, "You'll find out tomorrow, good night"

They both walked off to the dorms to find extra beds there. Since most students from Harry's year returned again for their 7th year, there wasn't enough space for the time travelers to share dorms with actual 7th years. So, they had to share with Ron, Neville, Dean and Seamus.

Remus and Lily exchanged worried glances before they also went up to their dorms.
Lily was sharing a dorm with Hermione, Parvati, Kellah, and another girl Lily didn't know.

Remus went in to find James and Sirius already asleep in their beds, so he went to the only empty bed and making sure no one was awake, pulled out the Marauders map and put it under his pillow. He then lay peacefully in his bed and went to sleep almost immediately.

[I am sorry this chapter sucks, I'll try to make the next one better 😭😭
I just wanted to keep it happy- and peaceful- for now...]