"Don't you have anything else to say? You were really curious earlier, so I figured that you wanted to know more about me." Kevin's voice has a hint of teasing in it.

For some reason he sounds closer than before. I can't help but move my head towards the direction of his voice. My heart speeds up when I notice how close we are. We are at least less than a foot away from each other. The close proximity makes my face heat up in embarrassment and nervousness. 

"U-Uh." I stutter as I try to come up with something. "What are your parents like?" I finally say.

He looks up at the sky with no kind of emotion. Which is scarier than him being angry or frustrated. The look on his face looks like he's having an internal battle with himself. He must be thinking about if he wants to tell me or not . The look on his face is starting to make me feel even more nervous. Maybe I was a little too forward with that. 

"If you don't want to you don't have too. I mean-" I start, but he cuts me off.

"My dad is a music producer. Robert Anderson. He's signed artists like Jake T., Kennedy Star, and First Base. As you can see they are successful artists, and that's all because of him." As Kevin talks about his father, a disturbed look flashes across his face. 

I've heard of Robert Anderson. Rumors say that even the most popular artists want to leave their record label, and go to his. He's that good. 

"What about your mom?" I ask gently. 

The disturbed look that was on his face disappears. Instead a more relaxed and happy look appears. From that look, he must have a better relationship with his mom than his dad.

"My mom, Karen Ricks, is a famous fashion designer. You've probably heard of her since New York can't get enough of her." Kevin says in a snarky voice. I roll my eyes at his boastfulness. "She divorced my dad when I was 20 years old. People thought that they were a perfect couple, but they weren't. In public they looked like they were so happy with each other, but in reality they hated each other with a passion." Kevin murmurs into the night air.

At the name of Karen Ricks my eyes widen. I didn't know that his parents were so famous. You would've have never thought that someone like Kevin would come from such well known people, from how ordinary he is. He may have a couple of expensive things, but he doesn't look spoiled like most kids with famous parents.

"Wow, compared to yours, my family seems boring." I admit. I give him a sheepish smile to lighten the mood a little. 

"Yeah, well having parents that are known almost everywhere isn't really cool. Instead it's difficult and a pain in the ass." He says with a roll of his eyes. From the tone of his voice, I can tell that he's done with the conversation, so I don't say anything else.

We stand there on the balcony in silence for a while. The sounds of car horns and music from Rockefeller Center sounds through the night air. 

"What about your parents?" Out of the corner of my eye, I can see that Kevin is looking at me.

I look away from the night scenery going on below me. My eyes meet Kevin's, and the brown in them sparkle underneath the lights surrounding us. My body tingles a little as he blinks down at me.

"They aren't as cool as yours, that's for one." I say jokingly.

"I don't care."

I release a deep sigh. Cold air immediately rushes out. I turn my body all the way so that I'm facing Kevin. He waits with his eyebrows raised in questioning.

"My mom is a middle school teacher. She's been teaching for six years. And my dad is a doctor. Their jobs aren't as big as your parent's, but they pay good money."