Rick - Sweet Dreams

Imagine you and Rick had a late night, and it's finally time to sleep

Imagine you and Rick had a late night, and it's finally time to sleep. You talk to him about the nightmares you've been having and he consoles you.

"Those dreams won't ever, ever happen."

Finally crashing after a long day of guarding the gates from walkers or intruders, you can finally relax. Rick followed in the house after you, still sweeping the streets of any threats.

"You can rest, Cowboy." You chuckle lowly, the restless nights you've been having finally have worn you down. The dreams – no nightmares, have been keeping you up for God knows how long. Tears always steamed down your face, forcing yourself out of bed and into the cold shower.

"Hm, just have to make sure... You never–"

"You never know if someone is out there... I understand, but you've been up for hours upon hours! You of all people need rest..." You slam your back on the couch, staring at the wall. You would imagine there being a flat screen television, with a ton of DVD sets of Disney movies or Action or Horror CDs out of their cases. Something to imagine to maintain your grasp on what was.

"I will, don't you worry." He chuckled, sitting down next to you. His voice was coarse and yawned after every passing minute. "What about yourself?"

"I can sleep just fine, don't worry about me Mr. Grimes!" You point your finger in his face, your eyes fluttering, trying to fight the tiredness.

"Oh really?" He grabbed your finger, bringing it to your side. "Every morning, like clockwork, you wake up and shower in the middle of the night. You go on your post for hours until someone comes to relieve you, then you run off into the woods, then back onto wall duty."

You stay quiet, he's right, he's figured you out. He was always up after you, following you out of the house and you two would part ways. "You're right. I've been... restless." You mutter, leaning your head back on the cushion.

"Is that all?" He propped his elbow on the arm of the couch, looking around to see if anyone was near.

"Well... I've been having these nightmares... Horrible, terrible, realistic dreams, where I wish I could escape but I can't! Everyone gets hurt, they die, they turn... Everyone even-" You cover your mouth, you pinch your lips together, trying to suppress any whimpers.

"Y/N, you know that would never," He grabbed your face, "never happen."

"Rick... It is bound to happen, it's inevitable!" You shoot your hands down, "Sorry... It's been happening for awhile."

"I understand that..." He squeezed your knee, then hand. "Those dreams won't ever, ever happen..."

You hum, looking down at his fingers, then at him. His eyes were closed, slowly seeping into a peaceful dream. You could easily get up and walk to your room, but you stay next to him, drifting off...