Daryl - With You

Imagine you and Daryl are running from walkers and you both get trapped in a car

"What now?" You ask.
"Nice way to go out; with you."
——————

"Daryl, we should head back... It's getting dark." You look at the sky turn to a orange hue, the cicadas start to sound louder by the moment.

"Yea... We can. I just want to check one more thing..." He reaches across the abandoned car, searching the glove compartment.

"What is so important that you need Daryl? Rick said be back by dusk!" You open the passenger side door to get a better view of what he is doing.

Daryl threw himself back on the drivers seat, sighing to himself. In his hand, he clenched a box of cigarettes, which was beaten up. "That's what was so important?"

He just grunted in response, "Want to head back now?"

You slam the passenger door shut, the sound of walkers slowly approaching shook your body into alert. Daryl followed behind, readying his crossbow, "Let's get ahead of them..."

You nod, pulling out your knife. Daryl was swift in the woods, no twigs snapped or leaves crunched. You always were marveled by him... he would take you out into the woods and walk for hours, searching for nothing. He would talk about his past, in which you listened back.

"Hey! Wait up! We should be far enough!" You call for him, slowly grabbing his arm so he could face yours. "Daryl!"

"Yea, I heard ya..." He let his crossbow fall to his side. "Let's keep going." His voice was low enough for you to hear, the cigarettes jiggled in his pocket as he walked.

"So, our little walk today was just for you to find those?" You tap to his chest, where his pocket stuck out. He huffed, swiping your hand away. The silence was deafening, you thought you had done something wrong. What was left with the sunlight soon disappeared, grey clouds rolled in.

"Might have to find a place to camp for the night..." He pointed to the sky, then looked around the empty terrain. "We're dead if we are caught out here."

You nod, pulling your knife back out. You understood what would happen if we did not find shelter, but luckily for you, you have Daryl. A groan and moan sounded from behind a tree, then followed by more and more. "Daryl!"

You stab a walker in the head, it's body flying backwards, but more filled in its place. Daryl shot an arrow into one that was going to sink it's teeth into your shoulder.

"Come on!" Daryl grabs your hand, leading you through the woods, the walkers gaining behind you. "In there!" He points to a car, you check to see if it's unlocked, thankfully it is.

Daryl shoots at the closest walkers and shoved you in the car, slamming the door shut and running around to the side. As he shuts the door, you both take deep breaths as the walkers file around the vehicle.

"What... now?" You clench your heart, trying to catch your breath. An ugly walker gnarled it's teeth against the window, making you're body shutter.

"We wait..." He pulls out a cigarette, extending one to you, but you deny the offer. You light his cigarette, looking at him for an answer.

"We fight?" Your heart still beat against your chest. You never thought this would be your last moment in time, trapped in a car with Daryl Dixon, the last person to be with. You thought that you're last day alive would be in your sleep or fighting an army to protect your loved ones, not by walkers, never by walkers.

Daryl hummed in response, "Nice way to go out," He grabbed your hand and rubbed it with his thumb, "with you."