[09] The evening

"I'm Yoo Jeongyeon, and you are?"
The lady in her traditional wear said and stood beside Nayeon who is still in great shock seeing the big palace.

"This is impossible."
Nayeon said and pinched herself many times as she did not hear what the other have said.

"ehem."
Jeongyeon said as she inched near Nayeon's side, and Nayeon was still looking at the palace, not bothered by the woman's presence.

"Is it the first time that you've seen such a big palace? come on, I've gotten tired of looking at that."

Jeongyeon said and crossed her arms seeing how Nayeon was so mesmerized and confused as to how she got to see a very historic place with her very own eyes, not until she realized.

"Why did you even thought of kidnapping me here?! Now I have a long way to go! AISH!"
Nayeon said and pointed at Jeongyeon's face as if she's lecturing the latter, and stomped her feet out of frustration.

Nayeon squatted down and hid her face by her arm, while Jeongyeon stood there dumbfounded because of her accusations of kidnapping when in fact she did not really do anything.

"I'll get going now, YOU BETTER NOT FOLLOW ME OR ELSE I'LL KICK YOU!"
Nayeon said and stood up as she walked her way out of the woods while making sure Jeongyeon isn't following her taking a look back with her every step.

"You're just gonna get lost here lady!"
Jeongyeon shouted as she walked slowly, trailing behind Nayeon.

"I don't care whoever the hell you are!"
Nayeon shouted back and angrily stomped away.

Both of them were just walking around the woods, most especially jeongyeon who's not missing a chance to look away at Nayeon since she knows that the latter isn't from around the place.

The light shade of sky was slowly turning dark, and the moon was rising along with the stars, and both Nayeon and Jeongyeon were still walking through the woods.

"I'm tired, just take me out of here."
Nayeon said and stopped from her tracks and facing jeongyeon who was still trailing behind her.

"I thought you aren't gonna give up, you're an ambitious one."
Jeongyeon said and laughed at Nayeon as she saw how tired she is, and Nayeon being Nayeon she just scoffed and whined at her.

Nayeon was suppose to continue her nagging at Jeongyeon when there were lights from afar that appears to be from the torch and the tapping of horse shoes grew louder, which made Jeongyeon rattle.

Pulling Nayeon from behind of a very big tree while covering Nayeon's mouth since she knows how noisy the other is, most especially on how she encountered her from awhile ago.

They hid behind the tree with jeongyeon's back facing the tree while Nayeon was wrapped around her arms and her palms were covering her mouth not letting a single word be spoken.

jeongyeon's heart beat grew louder.

and Nayeon felt it.

"shh! can you just please be quiet for our sake?"

Jeongyeon said in a whisper like shout which caused her to tighten her grip on to Nayeon's making the other stop from her movements.

not until a stick cracked making the guards look at their direction.

'shit.'
Jeongyeon thought to herself as she tried thinking of a way out, not letting Nayeon be part of an unwanted mess.

"Is anybody out there?"
Shouted by one of the guards who just came down from his horse, and taking a few steps near from where they were.

Jeongyeon decided to let Nayeon go and told her to stay still and be quiet which the other understood immediately not moving from where she was.

She then acted as if she just came down from one of the trees, which made the guards shocked.

"Oh hey it's you guys, are you taking your rounds?"
Jeongyeon asked in a very cool matter and the guards raised a salute to her, which she copied later on.

"Princess what are yo—"
Jeongyeon shut them off by awkwardly laughing at them, and Nayeon who was behind the tree did not hear what the guards said clearly.

"Jeongyeon, just call me jeongyeon, we're outside the palace fellas no need for that. Can we just keep this a secret? I only needed to breathe for awhile."

Jeongyeon said and wrapped her arm around the guard's shoulder and tapped him, which made the guard flustered, understanding Jeongyeon's action immediately and left off with the other guards.

"wooh, that was cool."
Jeongyeon said and wiped of her invisible sweat and checking Nayeon from behind the tree which was nowhere to be found.

Which made her heart beat faster and causing her to panic not seeing any of Nayeon's shadows looking left and right.

"So tell me, what year is it really?"
A voice not far from where she was spoke, seeing Nayeon sitting by a big fallen branch of tree with the overlooking view of the palace.

"It's 1521."